Oat bran ?

Options
Juliette320
Juliette320 Posts: 144 Member
where can I find it? I want to start the Dukan diet but I'm having a hard time finding the oat bran. Where did y'all find it?

Replies

• mamaro76
    mamaro76 Posts: 10
    Options
    I saw it at walmart in the cereal section near the gluten free stuff but I got mine at our local grocery in the organic section. Bob's Red Mill is the stuff I use. You can also find it on Amazon pretty cheap.
  • neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine on amazon.com really cheap! I got the Bob Mills brand. A case (6 bags) was like $10 shipped. I have barely put a dent in the first bag after a month.
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Got mine on amazon too. I found Hodgen's mill brand at my local stop and shop. amazon was cheaper--Bob's Red Mill.
  • Juliette320
    Options
    See I saw "cracklin' oat bran" by kellogs in walmart but nothing else guess imma have to look by the gluten free stuff. Thanks though.
  • Anniepoo04
    Anniepoo04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Got mine at Whole Foods.
  • Juliette320
    Options
    Idk if there is a whole foods around here.
  • Juliette320
    Options
    I seen a oat bran hot cereal? Is that what it would be called it was by red mill I believe.
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes, hot oat bran cereal is what you want, check the ingredients. You can cook it just like oatmeal or mix it into yogurt or whatever. Not bad!
  • Juliette320
    Options
    Thank you (:
  • wkmadden
    wkmadden Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oat bran is usually with other cereals, I found it with other brans (wheat, oat, rice etc) next to normal oats and porridges. I use Lowan Oat Bran, but there are many varieties, even 'no name' types. I just mix my 2 tablespoons in a bowl with about 1/2 cup lite milk (quite liquid), then microwave for 1 minute, stir, microwave for up to another 1 minute, stir again, you may need to add a bit more milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a little sugar substitute: yum!