Increase in calories causing too many carbs

Uhlissuh
Uhlissuh Posts: 23 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm new to eating more calories, this is my first week doing it! My previous methods weren't working and after talking to a really awesome chick on myfitnesspal who introduced me to everything, I decided to give it a go!

The problem I'm running into is that now that I'm eating more calories each day I'm exceeding my limit on my carbs. I have my numbers set at 40/30/30, as is recommended but am having a hard time with it. If anyone has had or is having this same issue, I'd love some tips as to what you did or are doing to help with that. Maybe that's just something I need to watch every day like my calories before I eat something?

Also, did anyone feel scared/terrified when they first started eating more calories? I definitely understand and agree with the logic of eating more calories and why it's so important but, it's really scary. Every day when I complete my diary I feel so discouraged when myfitnesspal tells me what I would weigh in 5 weeks if I ate like that. It's hard to get used to and thought it is probably common to feel nervous/scared about it at first.

Hope you're all having an awesome day! :)

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    The way I do it, is to build my menu in the morning so I can play around with my macros to get it in line. I found when I ate first and logged later, then I would be stuck with too much of one thing and needing more cals. Feel free to look at my diary for ideas.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    Also, did anyone feel scared/terrified when they first started eating more calories? I definitely understand and agree with the logic of eating more calories and why it's so important but, it's really scary. Every day when I complete my diary I feel so discouraged when myfitnesspal tells me what I would weigh in 5 weeks if I ate like that. It's hard to get used to and thought it is probably common to feel nervous/scared about it at first.

uh...YEAH! im a week in and always wondering LOL. after i complete my entry for the day i look away real quick before i can see what it says id weigh in 5 weeks! i think i will hide my scale until may is over....