More harm than good

Options
bsinno
bsinno Posts: 358 Member
i'm gonna cliffnotes this:

-EM2WL for a week now. MFP cals were at 1200 and i was eating around that for about 3 months on and off with pretty consistent weight loss

-figured my -20% TDEE to be 1558-1617. felt wussy about a big jump right away (im in a wedding on saturday - not a good time to gain!!)

-so i raised it to 1400. and ive gained this week. no change in measurements. i do some sort of activity every day, work out 4-5 times a week and have the worlds most sedentary desk job.

which is fine but...Is it "worse" to raise cals in steps? i half expected my body to be like "whoa, more food - lets hold on to it in case she changes her mind" but will raising it slowly just prolong this "stage"

thanks in advance for any thoughts or expertise!
xoxo-B

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    yes, doing it in steps does kinda prolongs the inevitable, lol. I did it that way, but I would have just jumped in if I'd known.

Some people find it easier to take their time, because it's harder to get in all the cals all at once, or they're scared for whatever reason. But your body cannot fully adjust until you've reached the final cal goal. It will instead be trying to adjust at every cal level along the way.

But I feel you on the wedding, lol. I'd wait til after Sat. to make the big jump :tongue:

~Kiki
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    thanks!