Amour Thyroid alternating 5 and 6 grains a day

Options
moejo3
moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
I just got the okay from my ND to alternate my Armour Thyroid dosage 3 days a week on 5 grains and 4 days a week on 6 grains. I thought 6 grains was a lot but, I feel better on that dose (except for the heart palps). She said my TPO antibodies are down to 300 and I was at 4000 a year ago. Is any one else on this much Armour? Just curious what your experience with this dosage is. I was on 3 grains but, felt lousy so, I experimented with 4, 5, and then 6. Please share your comments.

Replies

• tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Wow -- that's a big dose -- but if your antibodies are that high, they must be concerned about burning out your thyroid. My antibodies run around 145. I'm only on 1.5 grains but I can go up to 2 grains if I feel hypo.

Just listen to your body and it will tell you if it's too much.

Terri
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow -- that's a big dose -- but if your antibodies are that high, they must be concerned about burning out your thyroid. My antibodies run around 145. I'm only on 1.5 grains but I can go up to 2 grains if I feel hypo.

Just listen to your body and it will tell you if it's too much.

Terri

My antibodies were really high at 4000 a year ago. It has taken 4 years to get this low at 365. It is a big dose compared to what I was on with Levoxcyl and Cytomel. I do feel normal and my resting heart rate is at 72 which they said is just fine. Luckily I have worked with my ND a long time so, she knows if I strat to feel poorly I will say something but, I feel better now than I have in a year