I'm New to My Fitness Pal and The Back Pain Group

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Denice and I have 100 lbs to lose.

I've been overweight all my life. At first I had just decided to deal with it, but now I'm sick of it and want to make a change. My biggest stumbling block to losing the weight is that I hurt my back 8 years ago and have been pretty sedentary ever since. I can't stand for long and walking is a big problem. I hope to figure out a way around this problem and I'm hoping I can get help from My Fitness Pal.

I look forward to what I can learn from My Fitness Pal. I'm also looking forward to reading and learning from this group. I hope I will be able to add some useful information to the group too. :happy:

Replies

• MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm not so sure this group is checked in by everyone very often. I had major back pain up until my back surgery a few months ago and am now pain free thank goodness. Now I'm working on those last 20lbs! Hope MFP works for you!!
  • EVELYNHCOOCHIE
    EVELYNHCOOCHIE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Denise! My name is Evelyn. You and I have something in common. I've been overweight since I had my first child 22 years ago. I lost weight and was really feeling good about myself back in 2000, kept it off for about a year. Then I had a slip and fall and hurt my back. That was 10 years ago. Of course I gained that weight back and more. I also have trouble standing, sitting in certain chairs and walking at times. But like you, one day I just got fed up with the way things were going. I went years without looking in mirrors. I have lost 39 pounds over the last few months. I don't believe in diets so I have been eating healthier and exercising. I want to lose about 11 more pounds. Sometimes I have to take a bit more pain medicine and even a muscle relaxer. But overall I feel 100% better! It's been pretty slow but I'm doing it that way on purpose. I hope by making a lot of little changes in my life over this time period I will be able to maintain the weight lose. I don't ever intend to gain that weight back.

If you would like to be friends I'm sure we can support and inspire each other. For me It will be a lifelong journey.