WHY DO YOU WANT TO LOSE?

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
DESIRING HEALTH IS A GREATER GOAL THAN JUST DESIRING WEIGHT LOSS....at least for me.

Weight loss will come as a "Prize" when I start thinking healthier, and making healthier decisions.

I believe my beauty starts on the inside, and then radiates on outside for others to see.

A slimmer me, may be more appealing to someone else's eyes, but a nasty personality would make me an "UGLY", and unattractive disaster!!

Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder!

What some may view as "beauty", others may not. For instance, my husband likes a little meat on his bones! LOL ... I don't mind, as long as I am healthy!

Bottom line...DO THIS FOR YOU ........AND NOBODY ELSE!!

I'm already admiring a "HEALTHIER" me!....

I CHOOSE TO LOSE .....SO I DON'T ABUSE..............MYSELF THAT IS!

LOVING ME....THAT'S WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!!

AFFIRMATION: Today as I look in the mirror I will see a beautiful me....NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS! I am unique...AND THATS OKAY!! I CHOOSE TO LOVE MYSELF......AND LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFE!

Replies

• Kristy713ckm
    Kristy713ckm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am making an attempt to lose weight again (though I've failed SO many times before), because of the PAIN I feel in my body. :indifferent: Carrying all this excess weight around for 30 years has taken it's toll. My hips. My knees. My ankles. And my feet.

I've had Gastric Bypass Surgery, lost 120 pounds, only to gain 60 back. My food addiction always has control. But with God, my family's support, my MFP friends, and MFP website - I CAN and WILL do this. But the journey will be long and not as fast as I want. This will be a LIFESTYLE change. Once I get to a goal weight, I will always have to manage wise food choices, and choose to move.

Feeling pretty, looking better, fitting in clothes better, being comfortable going to a pool, not being embarrassed of myself for my kids & husbands sake... yhea, all that would be good too! :smile:
  • savedchild8
    Options
    Feel your pain Kristy!!

I was just about to log off, but just wanted to encourage you to spend a little time in "GET PUMPED!".

Really some good affirmations here.

You may want to start from the first post, and take your time reading from there.

Anything I can do to help, please message me!!

Gotta go!

Lots of love!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE A WINNERR!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!

CONGRATS!! :flowerforyou:
  • freedsgirl
    freedsgirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of reasons why I want to lose weight....on the surface, my weight is unattractive. Underneath that, it's unhealthy, and it's frustrating being winded by climbing a set of stairs. I know the lifestyle I live right now is not healthy, and I KNOW I can BE healthy, so that's what I want to do. I want to start having children in the next couple of years, and I want to have my relationship with food be at a good place before I start influencing what my children eat, and be able to help them make good food choices until they are out of my house.
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hey , I'm Stephanie & I'm 18 ... Here is my story : I dropped out of school my junior year or last year for me ... because I couldn't catch my breath walking to each class . I was so out of shape . So I started online school with Penn Foster this January , and now have all the time in the world to get healthy . I barely got out of bed before , and I would lay in bed from the time I wake up to the time I sleep ... just playing video games online . Other than that I stay home all day . I just recently got married last April so I gained maybe 10-15lbs after going out so much . My husband only had two weeks off from his deployment so we ate out for every meal , every single day . Didn't care how much we ate , because we knew we wouldn't be able to eat like this again . Now I'm paying the price by having to work it off ... I was 171lbs when I started logging in finally to MFP then I lost down to 162 . My goal is to reach 135-140 by the end of this summer . So not much more to lose ... I started 30 Day Shred workout DVD Tuesday ... I think today was Day 4 ? Yeah , it helps me with my endurance for sure ... I am really sore after , but I jog around 2-4 miles a day depending on what I eat .
  • savedchild8
    Options
    Thank you both for posting!!

Freedsgirl.....You Rock! I hate the stairs thing too!! I'm doing so much better though!! :smile:
    I truly love what you are saying about being an example to your future children!! So awesome!!
    ((hugs))

Stephanie.....Congrats!! School, a new hubby, 30 day Shred......Go GURL!!!
    You're obviously making some healthy, and life changing choice in every area of your life!
    To your husband...Thanks for what you're doing for the U.S.A. ((hugs for you both))

To both of you......THANKS FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE!!

You've encouraged me today...and for that....I SAY THANKS!!!
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thank you both for posting!!

Freedsgirl.....You Rock! I hate the stairs thing too!! I'm doing so much better though!! :smile:
    I truly love what you are saying about being an example to your future children!! So awesome!!
    ((hugs))

Stephanie.....Congrats!! School, a new hubby, 30 day Shred......Go GURL!!!
    You're obviously making some healthy, and life changing choice in every area of your life!
    To your husband...Thanks for what you're doing for the U.S.A. ((hugs for you both))

To both of you......THANKS FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE!!

You've encouraged me today...and for that....I SAY THANKS!!!

Thank you for adding me to this group . It's helping me a lot so far today , I just woke up from a 1hour nap . I woke up to your message , and now it makes me want to work a little harder . :flowerforyou: