Welcome!

Options
Meloneyd
Meloneyd Posts: 28 Member
Hello and welcome to the insanity Challenge.

My husband and I will be starting Insanity this Sunday and I'm very excited!

Just a little background on me - I joined MFP about a month ago. I came over from WW's where I had been for several years on and off. Over the past year, I have just gotten stuck in a rut. I decided that I wanted to make small changes in my life to get me out. That is one of the main reasons why I joined MFP. Since being on MFP, I've lost 2 pounds. While it could have been more (three birthday weekends back to back), the tracking part has put things into perspective and I am learning how to eat better. What I love most about MFP is the community feel.

I purchased Insanity as a way to get out of my rut as well. I work out three times a week (on a good week) and I've been doing the same classes for the past three years. When I watched the commercial for insanity, it looked like just the thing I needed to kick me in the butt!

I'm looking to tone up and build up endurance. I'm not really motivated by the scale, but I won't be mad if I lose some weight! What I really want to get out of this work out is having something to look forward to everyday. Know what I mean?

Please share your story

Replies

• kikakarina
    kikakarina Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I work out with my BFF and daughter @ 6am. A killer for both of them for they are not morning people. We are on our third week of Insanity. We drink 1/2 a can of Celcius to get us thru and 1/2 a packet of the P90x recovery drink afterwards. My scale has not moved, but inches have disappeared :) Felt barfy the first couple of days,major knee pain, but all over now.
    Started implementing a second workout of some sort later on my day. In bed by 9:30pm exhausted and ready to do it all over again.
  • j5aown
    j5aown Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I'm currently on my recovery week and all I can say is WOW! The first week or so I felt like I was going to lose my lunch after every workout, but that's no longer the case. I've seen my athleticism increase quite noticebly, my endurance is the best it's ever been, and I've dropped about 14 pounds while adding some lean muscle to my frame. This has by far been the most effective workout routine I've ever taken on - keep up the hard work and you'll see some pretty impressive results!
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I did Insanity for 2 weeks and then quit for a week because I was too sore after drill to keep working out (I was limping for 4 days!)

I restarted insanity today. I don't do the fit tests and take 2 days off as I waitress 40-50 hrs a week and also started running and often work out 2x a day. I did take my measurements and would love to check in. I notice through the videos, yes, I am doing more and getting stronger.

About your losing weight....I gained 3 pounds after doing 2 weeks of insanity but lost inches...so remember it's not just about the weight! Good luck on Sunday, I'll be cheering you on!
  • Betsy_e
    Betsy_e Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello all! Well I began on Monday with my son..Fit test was a trip...but I feel great!
    Can't wait for the day I no longer feel like puking.I literally have to sit for about
    Twenty min afterward...but I am so excited to be a part of a larger community.
    Will post my measurements tomorrow...
  • Clapperb
    Clapperb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just started Insanity on Monday. I have not been able to do it all but am really pushing :-)
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, new here!

I want to start Insanity either this Sunday or Monday. I've tried it once and couldn't get past the warm up! I'd like to try again and am hoping to see great results. I also lift weights with a personal trainer so I'm hoping this will be the added cardio I need to boost my workouts. Good luck to everyone. Will post my measurements when I get home. :drinker:
  • brewerchick
    Options
    I know you said you are gonig to start Sunday. May I suggest to eat a lot of protein tomorrow and not as many carbs so you feel less bloated. I can't wait to hear how your first day went!
    Hello and welcome to the insanity Challenge.

My husband and I will be starting Insanity this Sunday and I'm very excited!

Just a little background on me - I joined MFP about a month ago. I came over from WW's where I had been for several years on and off. Over the past year, I have just gotten stuck in a rut. I decided that I wanted to make small changes in my life to get me out. That is one of the main reasons why I joined MFP. Since being on MFP, I've lost 2 pounds. While it could have been more (three birthday weekends back to back), the tracking part has put things into perspective and I am learning how to eat better. What I love most about MFP is the community feel.

I purchased Insanity as a way to get out of my rut as well. I work out three times a week (on a good week) and I've been doing the same classes for the past three years. When I watched the commercial for insanity, it looked like just the thing I needed to kick me in the butt!

I'm looking to tone up and build up endurance. I'm not really motivated by the scale, but I won't be mad if I lose some weight! What I really want to get out of this work out is having something to look forward to everyday. Know what I mean?

Please share your story
  • brewerchick
    Options
    Hello, I just started Insanity on Monday. I have not been able to do it all but am really pushing :-)

Just keep pushing and it does get easier after a week, I promise! Remember you're only fooling yourself!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Meloneyd
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the protein and the carbs. My husband is a low carb dieter as that is how he lost over a 100 pounds a couple years back. This week I have been trying to up my protein and cut down on sweets. I think I'm going to give up candy (one of my vices) for the next 60 days and really focus on clean eating. It helps that he is now doing low carb again as I cook most of the meals and now have to think about his dieting needs as well as mine. Thanks for the suggestion and support!
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    Hey guys! I tried insanity once before but I couldn't handle it. I've gotten in better shape and hopefully I'll kick butt this time
  • AndreaKZ
    AndreaKZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I will be starting Insanity today. I got through about 3 weeks of Insanity last year and saw great results. Then I ended up getting sick and took a week off. Of course the week turned into two and so on until I just got so off track and couldn't find my motivation. Now here I am a year later with the same 30 pounds still to lose and I am ready to do it right this time! I can't wait to start!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I did the fit test last night and thought I was going to pass out!! I don't think i have ever worked out that hard at home!! My son and daughter did it with me and we are so looking forward to starting the workout tonight. I also do cycling class three days a week which i love!! I watched the infomercials on Insanity and knew I had to have it I like to workout and going to the gym but I also like to eat. I try to balance both but hopefully I can lose some weight and get a nice tight body by July 4. We shall see. Good luck everyone and keep up the good work!!!
  • Meloneyd
    Options
    Welcome Vada and Andrea!