ummm, not the food I should be eating more of...

Options
ecrogers4
ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
So - just finished a 7 day STRICT paleo diet challenge... and was feeling great! (Dropped 3 lbs too)... and today was the first day "off" the challenge... and I just stuffed in 5 mini chocolate bars... 5! Way to waste 300 calories!!

I feel sick and annoyed at myself.

I'm a BIG believer in Eating MORE to weigh less... I've lost 8 lbs doing that and NROL4W... so I'm not freaking out THAT much... back in my "eating 1200 calorie days" this would have been a MAJOR setback... BLOW THE ENTIRE DAY kinda situation... now that I'm up to 1900 daily... while I know it's not the "wisest" choice for my calories... At least I can adjust the rest of my day to reduce the impact of that splurge.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Super restricted diets have never worked for me- I will ALWAYS end up eating something I want but is deemed 'bad' by the diet makers.

It really was getting to where I was headed for an eating disorder, and probably was already there. I could eat anything green but nothing orange (high sugar). I could have apples but not bananas. I could eat potatoes but never chips (even if I made them OUT of potatoes myself)...

And in the end- all I ended up doing was feeling like crap from all the limitations and my being a human and therefore not perfect.

I had to learn to have a bit of this AND a bit of that. Talk to my MFP buddies about my tater tots and they'll tell you how I love them :D LOL For me- it isn't about restricting the foods- just the amount of them I was eating before.

So I hear you about the 'bad food' (which is impossible- the only 'bad' food would be something you're not supposed to eat- like paint lol) binges/splurges. They're frustrating and we don't have to do this to ourselves. That's awesome that you're not letting it blow your whole day anymore! Isn't it so liberating??
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    The great thing about this lifestyle is that it fits "life" in....it is about moderation. Who wants to restrict everything that we love for the rest of our lives...no way. There is not a thing I feel guilty about eating because I can fit anything in my macros. Yes, I am quite health concious about what I eat, but hun I sure do like sweet delights. Think of it like this...you have a whopping 1900 that you just enjoyed 300 of...you have ample cals left to get in great nutrients.

I eat delights every single day...they fit in my macros, I may switch things around, but what I want...I EAT! Check my diary out...I just enjoyed chocolate covered pretzels yum, will have some chips tonight too! HAH:-)
  • msesheta
    msesheta Posts: 29
    Options
    *LOL* I am going to remember that when I eat something I "shouldn't"

AT LEAST I AM NOT EATING PAINT!

Thanks for that. I am having a rough day - more weight gain and inches gained and more clothes that don't fit but I'm hanging in there
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    *LOL* I am going to remember that when I eat something I "shouldn't"

AT LEAST I AM NOT EATING PAINT!

Thanks for that. I am having a rough day - more weight gain and inches gained and more clothes that don't fit but I'm hanging in there

:D Happy to make you laugh- and make a point lol Sorry you're having a rough day. ((HUGS))
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, yesterday I sat and ate a bunch of chocolate covered pnut butter pretzels I made, then I decided pretzels plain sounded good, and heck a spoon full of this yummy cupcake frosting I made from scratch would be good. I KNOW what I'm supposed to eat I don't always do it though or have good control. I have done awesome eating well today but there is a new bakery in town and I have been dying to try a cinnamon bun, no clue how many calories it is going to be (kinda hoping its closed so I my mom won't bring it to me) but I still have calories left, and I worked out today so I'm gonna enjoy what I've been wanting for a couple weeks now.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options

I had to learn to have a bit of this AND a bit of that. Talk to my MFP buddies about my tater tots and they'll tell you how I love them :D LOL

wrap those tater tots in bacon and throw 'em in the oven and YUMMMMMMMMY! that's a super awesome appetizer. :happy:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!

On 1200 a day if I had a splurge like that it means you have to pretty much be hungry the rest of the day.

I feel like I can have a splurge now and still be able to eat 3 solid meals.
  • ecrogers4
    Options
    Thanks for your support guys!

Even though I have a much healthier relationship with food now... I still feel that GUILT that comes with eating the "bad" food... your comments really helped though! Ummm, chocolate covered pretzels? YUMMMMM!!!

And this is why MFP is so wonderful! :heart:
  • ecrogers4
    Options
    So I hear you about the 'bad food' (which is impossible- the only 'bad' food would be something you're not supposed to eat- like paint lol) binges/splurges. They're frustrating and we don't have to do this to ourselves. That's awesome that you're not letting it blow your whole day anymore! Isn't it so liberating??

You're right - it is SO liberating!!!!