Anyone with number similiar to mine? Their huge!

Options
twoboys2012
twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
BMR – 1661
TDEE – 2575
TDEE -15% - 2188

I used to be netting about 1200-1300 cals a day and now have to try to get up to 1600 (workout days) or 2188. Big difference!:sad: Trying to eat 700cals more a day sometimes is so hard at the best of times, and even though trying so hard I have only made it up there a few times.

The only reason I ask is that I see a lot of people on here and they are all so much lower than mine ... I know we all say how it seems to be so much that we are eating but mine is a huge difference :noway:

I have done the numbers over and over and they always come out the same (hehehe trying to see if lower) but it would be nice to know that there are others out there up as high as me. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    my numbers are pretty similar.

BMR: 1498
    TDEE - 2584
    TDEE Cut (15%) - 2196

I came from eating at 1200 (or less) cals per day as well, so I know EXACTLY how you feel. :flowerforyou:
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    I eat between 1900 and 2000 and I am pretty sure actually that most of ours are around that number.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    BMR -1800ish
    TDEE - 2800ish

Cut - 2400

Sorry, Im higher than you:)

Dont worry, it takes a bit of getting used to to actually eat where you should be.. Get rid of the fat free products in your house.. get some full fat cheese, yogurts, milk... eat nuts!!.. get some protein powder to help boost your protein and eat up some cals.. No more LIGHT stuff:)...
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Thanks guys ... reading some others i kinda felt a bit up there ... nice to know you out there. :bigsmile:
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    yep I'm at 1900 - waiting a few weeks to see if I need to bump it up.
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    BMR -1800ish
    TDEE - 2800ish

Cut - 2400

Sorry, Im higher than you:)

Dont worry, it takes a bit of getting used to to actually eat where you should be.. Get rid of the fat free products in your house.. get some full fat cheese, yogurts, milk... eat nuts!!.. get some protein powder to help boost your protein and eat up some cals.. No more LIGHT stuff:)...

Thanks for sharing ... Funny you say that because that is exactly what i was saying to my hubby last night ... i figure that i can have those 'regular' things now and still be ok ... great minds and all that :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    2300 on my activity level right now. That's my cut value. When I feel healthy enough to workout three days a week- it goes up to 2500 because Lady Gemi busts some TAIL in the freeweights :D

Gotta keep fueling my awesome. *buffs nails on muscle shirt* lol
  • Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1511, I struggled to net that for a week or so when I started - then upped it again for a week or so, and then upped it again. My TDEE - 15% is 1992 - I nearly cried when I read how much I would have to eat! Just takes a little time to get used to. :)

Avocados are my new best friend btw!
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    2300 on my activity level right now. That's my cut value. When I feel healthy enough to workout three days a week- it goes up to 2500 because Lady Gemi busts some TAIL in the freeweights :D

Gotta keep fueling my awesome. *buffs nails on muscle shirt* lol

LOL ... nice!
    Thanks for sharing
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    My BMR is 1511, I struggled to net that for a week or so when I started - then upped it again for a week or so, and then upped it again. My TDEE - 15% is 1992 - I nearly cried when I read how much I would have to eat! Just takes a little time to get used to. :)

Avocados are my new best friend btw!

Always good finding a good fat that you can have ... congrats on getting there ... I know i still have to get past the mental blockade that is in my way ... but i will try to add in some more 'regular' fat ideas rather than 'lite' ... hopefully will be there soon with the added help of them.

I find it almost easier to eat to BMR or more on exercise days ... maybe I just have to exercise everyday to be able to get my hunger up enough lol
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My cut is 2000, and I'm doing 20% because I have so much to lose. My 15% cut would be around 2150 I think.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Im eating 2275 so im higher :) and losing on that number of calories. I recently had a Dexa scn and my RMR is 1871 - so in reality i could prolly even go a lil higher :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I find nuts really help to get up there.

Greek yogurt too.
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    2213 on non workout days, and I've been eating my exercise calories back while I'm on maintenance on top of that!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I just bumped mine up from 1700 to 1800 because I've been getting hungrier and hungrier the last few days so my metabolism seems to be back in high gear again!! Eventually, when I go with a 15% cut, my TDEE will be a little over 1900.

My BMR is 1550.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    my BMR is 2544

My TDEE is 3975

My TDEE - 20% is 3157
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have also had a difficult time increasing calories. I have started having a 400 to 450 calorie protein shake in the mornings. Seems to help to get a bunch of calories out of the way first thing in the morning.
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Thanks everyone ... You have given me some good tips to try out ... I managed to get a few more cals in today with protein shake and wasn't half bad either ... you are all wonderful and thanks for your support and nice to know you are all out there! :flowerforyou: