hunger!!

Barbara2420
Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
Hi Folks-

I am 2 mos. post RNY and, all of a sudden, I am HUNGRY! It started a couple of days ago. No, it's not my head, it's not cravings. It's stomach grumbling hunger. I am a bit nervous---I didn't think this was supposed to happen this soon. Have others experienced this at this stage??

Replies

• tessanne10
    tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
    I've had this too! I'm also two months out from surgery R-N-Y. I've been doing food for my lunch and shakes and light protein the rest of the time. It doesn't take long though for me to fill up fast. Are you getting enough protein in? I know that if I'm not getting enough in this hunger feeling is stronger.
  • Barbara2420
    What I am eating is primarily protein, I get in around 70 Gm. I am trying to do interval eating, but am still hungry before I eat and am hungry again not long after. How long have you experienced hunger? ( By the way..... Our profiles are similar--started at about the same weight, had my surgery on 2/28 and have had about the same loss.)
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    It's natural that you're going to start feeling hunger again -- and everybody is a little different so six weeks out, two months out, five months out, a year later.. it happens to us all.

Here's a question -- are you still sipping water on a consistent basis? Stopping 30min before and waiting 30min after meals to drink again? not drinking with your meals?

Oddly enough, my doctor had to calm me down when I had the same issue.. he told me water is a natural appetite suppressant so if you stop hydrating like you did immediately post op (and I had), your hunger impulse will seem sudden and profound.. when really it was there all the time, you were just keeping it at bay with the sipping.

Just a thought.. hope that helps!

Stef
  • Barbara2420
    Thanks-I'll try stepping up the fluids and see what the week-end brings.
  • tessanne10
    tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
    The water does help alot! I know it isn't as often anymore, but if I'm not getting the protein in, then I feel hungrier.