SHOCKING NSV!

Options
rosied915
rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
I NEVER in a million years would have thought that undereating would have an effect on this:

During my recent showers when I wash my hair, I noticed that there are NO hairs on my hands when I run them through my hair!!
In the past, I would have a LOT of strands on my hands!

I have been complaining about this to my doctors for YEARS, swearing that it is a Thyroid problem!!

I mean, I KNOW this can happen from malnutrition, but never dreamed it could be what was happening to ME!!

Un-freakin-believable!!

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    awesome! loose the fat, keep the hair - love it!!
  • rosied915
    Options
    awesome! loose the fat, keep the hair - love it!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(and your little girl is a real cutie-patootie!!)
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience! I prefer to keep my hair today! In fact, with my current way of eating, my hair is healthier than it has been for years!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Wow....you know what. Same for me. I have very long, pretty thick hair. I've always pulled gobs out during my shower and since reading what you wrote, I've noticed I do not (as much) anymore either!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean because my nails have been very weak ever since I gave birth to my daughter almost 25 years ago.

Now I've notice that I can do things like open a can with a tab and my nail won't break or split.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    wonderful!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!!

I thought I had a thyroid problem for years- had breaking nails, hair falling out (even got a semi-bald spot), no sweating, always freezing...

I cannot in any way describe the joy that I have now from eating and knowing that my sisters, mothers and daughters are eating more with me. Just think of all of us- the group is 2000+ now- think about all of us out there no longer starving. Amazing!
  • rosied915
    Options
    ME TOO!!!

I thought I had a thyroid problem for years- had breaking nails, hair falling out (even got a semi-bald spot), no sweating, always freezing...

I cannot in any way describe the joy that I have now from eating and knowing that my sisters, mothers and daughters are eating more with me. Just think of all of us- the group is 2000+ now- think about all of us out there no longer starving. Amazing!

:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • gagirlkat
    gagirlkat Posts: 9
    Options
    I started noticing this as well, soon after I upped my calories! I've noticed it even more in my nails!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I've not thought about that at all. But this morning I did say to myself while taking my shower, huh, I'm not losing hair like I normally do. Quite interesting I must say. Thanks for bringing that up and congrats!