Do you eat your exercise calories???

Options
05suu
05suu Posts: 90 Member
I've upped my calorie intake to 1400...from 1200...and have stalled for the past 3 weeks, not losing anything..despite exercise and keeping mostly to calorie goal..(except now and again when I go out for dinner):frown:

Question...
1) What is YOUR calorie daily goal?
2) Do you eat you exercise calories?

Just curious to how you do it and if it is sucessful.....:flowerforyou:

Happy a great weekend...Bank Holiday in the UK..hope it stops raining for five minutes at least!!!

Sue

Replies

• rosalang
    rosalang Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i lost 1 pound a week for ages and then started to exercise and the weight loss slowed down to about a pound a month. i then increased my calories and lost 3 pounds but then is stoped. ive just reduced my calories from 1350 to 1200 and am eating my exercise calories as i dont feel i can get the right nutrition otherwise but would love to know what is right. if it doesnt work soon i am going to have to stop eating back my exercise calories. i would love to know how you get on too
  • 05suu
    05suu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Its driving me nuts cos I don't know what amounts to eat...
    I was jogging along quite nicely on 1200 , losing a 1lb here and there...had two weeks losing 3 lbb each week...Then I started at the gym and bumped up the exercise quite alot, and since then have hardly lost anything.
    Even measurements are not different so its not as though its compacting down either....
    I bumped the calories up another 200 to 1400 on the advise of the Rosemary Conley dietition and since then haven't lost anything..3 weeks now....
    Have kept mostly to 1400 or perhaps afew calories under...and maybe 3-4 times have gone over to around 1800 or so ..when I go out for dinner or somewhere.....so I'm not overdoing it I don't think....
    I will carry on like this for a while and see if it changes....but its getting on my nerves abit now.....
  • rosalang
    Options
    same here it is getting on my nerves too
    i am going to give it another week and if nothing happens then am going to adjust my calories up but not log exercise to see what happens
    i was on 1350 and loosing but not exercising, now on 1200 and exercising and not loosing whats that all about
    but having said that i think my middle is smaller so there is a plus side. i cant say its my waist as there isnt one !!!!!!!
  • rosalang
    Options
    got to report i have lost nearly 2 pounds this week as i have downed my calorie intake and dont do the same exercise each day.
    we will see what happens next week if i can stick to it
    i think it gets a lot harder as you get older to loose weight and i dont burn so many calories as i have a thyroid problem
    hope this helps
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have set mine manually to 1300 which should have me lose 0.75lbs a week. I was on 1200 and did very well, losing over 30lbs from August to March. I had noticed the weight loss slowing down and did struggle to keep to the 1200 as I only exercise a couple of times a week. I always eat back my exercise calories.....I use them to reward myself for my efforts.
    So far I'm still losing but it is only very slowly. I can live with that though as I know I look much better and as long as get to my goal this year (about 12 lbs to go) I'll be happy.
  • Kreacher12
    Kreacher12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Points from my view (opinion).

Take the "Guided" option when setting things up. Realize that your body can go into "starvation mode" and store what you eat as fat. Setting your own goals might work, but can cause problems.

Exercise is wonderful, but he trick is to get the heart pumping. If the exercise you do is not raising your heart rate enough for a long enough period of time, you are wasting your time.

Know that as you lose weight, it will become harder to lose and easier to gain. That doesn't mean you should eat less, just be aware and more cautious of what you eat.

For me, I am trying to eat a lot of protein instead of carbs. Watch the fat and sugar. Your body operates on sugar, but that doesn't mean that a lot of sugar makes you healthier. :) Protein converts to sugar slower than carbs. This gives your body time to deal with and use the energy instead of storing it as fat.

Yes, I tend to get close to or over my goal of calories. Even more so as I lose weight.

This is just my view. No medical advice given or intended.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I had been stuck for 3 months and then realized it was because my body was on starvation mode - I was eating less than 1000 calories and not losing an ounce for the 3 months , I then switched to Slow Carb and eating closer to 2000 calories and losing every day :) - Keep tweaking things till it works for you.