Hello Everyone

Options
Hello everyon, In april 2009. I started at close to 400. Very quickly lost 130lbs. I then got pregnant miscarried, lost a few pounds but was starting to struggle. I became pregnant again this time had a very healthy baby boy. I had a miscarriage prior to surgery as well, and a precious baby girl. My husband deployed to Iraq between all of this as well. I have a very supportive husband as well. I am now struggling to loose weight harder than before the surgery. At my last checkup, I talked to my doctor and was told due to stressors, and the hormone changes of the miscarriage and healthy pregnancy my body doesn't even recocnize the surgery anymore, and he looked at me and said you will have to fight harder now than before your surgery. I was devistated. I have had weight issues my whole life. So I'm here now I have 85 obs I want to loose. That is not my doctors goal weight for me, but it is MY goal. So far this site is helpfull. I just get so frustrated that I went through all of the struggles of the surgery and only lost half of what I needed. But looking on the bright side, I've only gained back about 15 lbs so I'm still 115 lbs smaller than I was 3 years ogo. It really helps knowing you are not the only one.

Replies

• Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I think logging in your food everyday is the best thing to make you more accountable! Especially when you eat at a restaurant and see the sodium and fat they sneak in the food!
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It is such a struggle, isn't it? At least now we have people who understand and are supportive.

Barbara
  • Shellystull
    Options
    Thank you. Yes it does help, definately makes you more aware of what your are eating. Yes even the "healthy options" at restaurants can surprise you.
  • tessanne10
    tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! There a lot of great people here to support you.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group! Were here for you and will help keep you motivated and on track if you need it.