Meal Plan

Options
So I know quite a few of you that are not following the meal plan because either A) it's too hard B) it's too expensive C) it tastes like crap or D) all of the above.

My question is how many of you are really following the whole meal plan?? My concern is that the meals are only an average of 1200 cals a day and then after your workout you would only roughly net 900-1000 calories a day. That is NOWHERE near enough for our bodies to function healthily. As a certified trainer, shouldn't Jillian know this??

What's everyone's thoughts on this??

Replies

• chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am doing the breakfasts & lunches. Although, with the breakfast (either oatmeal one day or a muffin the other), I still have my coffee (w/creamer and sweetener) and a glass of almond milk.

I am ok until my lunch, but if I feel hungry I nibble on some homemade granola. I have lunch earlier than most (10:15am), so by 2:30 I get pretty hungry. Have some fruit and yogurt around then.

If I am still hungry after my afternoon workout, I will have some more greek yogurt. I don't follow her dinners because I think that the dinners my husband and I have are very well balanced. I will also have another snack if need be.

My goal is 1570 calories a day, but I always seem to go over (around 1600-1700), but my workouts usually take 600 (or so) calories from that total. So I average about 1000-1150 a day. I am not feeling hungry at all (and of course if I did, I will eat something!) and I am even having pizza once a week! (homemade dough & sauce).

I like to bake & cook, but I do find that some of othe lunch items are a lot of prep. (Roasted veggies and romanesco sauce). I make that one, stuffed peppers and the pesto chicken one. (I'm not really a salad girl!) I also put chicken breast in the veggies and pepper lunches too ('cause just veggie meals are filling for me and I need more protein!) Some of the other recipies, (Ummm squid?!?!?) do not interest me too much. LOL Probably when the 90 days are up, I will be changing my lunches around a bit (have a sandwich here and there. I make these meals in advance and freeze them, but, like I said, it can be a lot of prep.)

Yes, I agree with you that people should be eating more than 1200 calories a day. I would think that Jillian would know better. Also, there are mistakes in the cookbook too! Derrrr proof read/edit much?!?!

Needless to say, I am not following it 100%, but it is helping me eat a better breakfast and lunch! I wasn't eating enough before this program. This site has been really helpful with the logging and I've been a bunch of fitness buddies that make me feel great about staying on track!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Okay, here are my thoughts...

Jillian is all about quick results. People invest money in her programs to see the weight fall of them so she has to do something drastic so people will stick it out.

So you do her 90-day program, eat 1200 calories and yeah, the weight will fall off of you. Any time you cut your calories that drastically, the weight will come off.

BUT....then the 90 days is over and she's done her work. Then you hit a plateau and you wonder why the weight isn't falling off any more. You're stuck at the same weight for weeks, months, even.

I think if she was your trainer on a regular basis (like in the gym) she'd have you eating major calories. I don't believe for a second that she eats only 1200 calories a day.

Plus, what's interesting is that if you listen to her podcasts or watch her twitter/facebook feeds, she talks about eating 1700 + calories.

I'm all over the place here but I guess what I'm saying is that she realizes that people are buying her DVD's because they want quick results.

But in the long run, you'll hit a brick wall. Your body will rebel and your weight will stall. It happens all the time.

But what does she care? She's gotten your $120 and taken it to the bank already by the time you hit your plateau.
  • Acaravello
    Acaravello Posts: 18
    Options
    That makes perfect sense TwinMomTwice.......however as much as I love her, it makes me lose respect for her for deceiving us that way!!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I feel about her too.
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm following the meal plan exactly since Kickstart Week.
    I rememeber having to force myself to eat the greek yogurt because I hated the taste. Now I LOVE IT. I've come to really enjoy real food now.

I'm on Week 7 and I've lost 17 lbs.
    I was also concerned about how 1200 calories minus the exercise wouldn't work for me because before BR, for 2 months, I was netting 800-900 calories and I GAINED weight.

Jillian talked about this in one of her Daily Dose episodes here www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqvmEf6G04
    Watch it!!!! It made me feel SO MUCH BETTER... :)

My life's completely changed since I've started BR. I haven't touched any foods that contain artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors in 53 days thanks to it and I plan on keeping it that way!