Ladies.... TOM?

Options
tulip07
tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
Ladies, this question is for you. What do you gals do when TOM is here? I am in week 3 right now and yesterday was supposed to be Workout 4 for me, but I just couldn't get to it. I did do a yoga class instead as that does make me feel better during TOM. I always feel tired and don't feel like I have the energy to do any intense exercise the first 2 days of TOM.

What do you all do?

Replies

• roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Don't let your period stop you from doing anything you really want to do! I'm always tired 2-3 days right before, but after I exercise I either feel better or I can take a quick nap. Either way, I have completed my exercise and that was the goal.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The first week of the program for me IT had arrived and I was like "greattttttttttttt." But, I just worked through it and took ibuprofen. (I also had some kind of allergy attack that morphed into a nasty head cold. By Good Friday, I was a hot mess. Didn't workout Friday or Saturday.)

So, week 5 started on Monday and IT was supposed to be here and it arrived, but it's been weird LOL I know it's cause of the whole new routine and such. But, again, I'm just trying to work through the pain and tiredness.

I do the JMBR workout early in the morning and it gives me energy. When I get home it's a walk (outside or treadmill) and I get a great boost of energy from that! Plus, all of this exercising has been really beneficial in helping me sleeeeeeeeep!

My advice is to take some ibuprofen for the pain and keep taking a little nap if that's what helps! The nap will wake you up and then your work out will help you out some more!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I almost always take a rest day on the first day of my TOM. sometimes day 2 is a rest day too. I feel too lousy
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just push through. It's just 30 minutes. I find that I still feel better afterwards.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had my monthly visit from tom at the start of my 3rd week as well. I worked out through it as usual at my normal 5:30am time. I think it helped actually. I didn't feel as run down as I normally do during tom's visits.
  • focobaby
    focobaby Posts: 8
    Options
    Mine has come at the beginning of each phase so far and i just push through it. I've heard that exercise can actually help with cramps and decrease PMS symptoms.

i find it's harder to resist cravings during then, but I'm so far into the program that by phase 2 i didn't even really have any cravings because i was used to eating on plan. i just make sure i had trail mix every day for the chocolate factor :)
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I usually take a break for the first 2 days- Just can't jump around and do push ups when loaded with Ibuprofen :))
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I worked through it or it would throw off my 90 day schedule. I did better than I thought I would and won't hesitate to do so again.
  • allibean15
    allibean15 Posts: 28
    Options
    I struggle with this too. Mostly the week before as I am in now! Everything goes off for me especially my eating. I decided that instead of switching to phase two this week, I am doing a review of 1-4. I felt better about it bc being so tired and not know what was to come was turning me off. So I'll be off schedule by a week but worth it for me not to give up or not put all my effort into new phase. I tried turning it up a notch on wo one today where i could to get more from it. The eating part though...ugh...I will be checking back here for suggestions too :)