latest labs seems weird to me!

Options
moejo3
moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
TSH 0.011 low
T3 free serum 4.7 high
T4, direct 1.27 normal?
TPO Antibodies 356 ( was 4000 18 months ago)

So, not sure why my antibodies have gone down so much unfortunately I think my Thryoid is dying off since they don't have to fight it so much any longer. Anyone have ideas why my TSH would still be soooo low? Any comments? 5-6 grains of Armour daily

Replies

• hsrunningmom
    hsrunningmom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My TSH is alway that low. It has been awhile since my doctor explained that being on a natural thyroid medication like Armour or NatureThroid will be cause the TSH to test low like that because those medications caused the body to supress producing the TSH because those types of medications contain the TSH. Or, it was something similar to that. I am may not be remembering quite right, but it made perfect since at the time, and I don't worry about it now.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My TSH is alway that low. It has been awhile since my doctor explained that being on a natural thyroid medication like Armour or NatureThroid will be cause the TSH to test low like that because those medications caused the body to supress producing the TSH because those types of medications contain the TSH. Or, it was something similar to that. I am may not be remembering quite right, but it made perfect since at the time, and I don't worry about it now.

Thank you for letting me know that. I was a little freaked out since my antibodies had dropped so much I thought the thyroid was done but, maybe the antibodies are down because my TSH is down and they aren't fighting it so much. I have a great ND but, we don't always go into lots of detail because we get carried away on other subjects.