People making annoying comments about your height!

Options
13»

Replies

• ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I was just in the supermarket and a TOTAL STRANGER walked up to me and said (and I am quoting his exact words)

"I don't know why the *kitten* you are wearing high heels because you are too f*cking tall anyway"

He then walked off, I was left standing there with my mouth hanging open in shock and he shouted back at me

"and I am over six foot myself" and disappeared. What the hell?

and, of course, he was no more six foot than the man in the moon is... what a ****

I have never had anyone actually abuse me before for being tall - and I am only flipping 5'11" - I am SO cross!

What could POSSIBLY make someone so angry about a person's shoe choice?! That's horrible...

They are only two inches! I came home and measured them. Clearly a very angry person with a lot of problems.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was just in the supermarket and a TOTAL STRANGER walked up to me and said (and I am quoting his exact words)

"I don't know why the *kitten* you are wearing high heels because you are too f*cking tall anyway"

He then walked off, I was left standing there with my mouth hanging open in shock and he shouted back at me

and, of course, he was no more six foot than the man in the moon is... what a ****

I have never had anyone actually abuse me before for being tall - and I am only flipping 5'11" - I am SO cross!

What could POSSIBLY make someone so angry about a person's shoe choice?! That's horrible...

A tiny, tiny penis.

Next time, if there is one, yell "Thanks, Shorty!" because he's obviously sensitive about his own height.
  • ElleBee66
    Options

A tiny, tiny penis.

Next time, if there is one, yell "Thanks, Shorty!" because he's obviously sensitive about his own height.

:laugh: I didn't look at that particular region of him, but I guess you are right, I probably wouldn't have seen much!
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Every so often someone looks at me all bewildered and says, "How tall ARE you?" And I casually reply, "Just 5'9"." And they go on to insist that I must be 6 feet tall. I'm like, "Uhh...nope. 5'9"." It doesn't really bother me much, though. I'll wear heels as high as I can stand it if it suits my fancy. I only get truly frustrated when I can't find pants, skirts, or dresses to accomodate my long legs.

Ditto...exactly! I'm 5'9", or so the doc's office says, but people will argue with me that I must be taller than that and God forbid I throw heels on. It is a luxury to find pants long enough that I can wear heels...so I do, but not often. It isn't like I asked to be this tall, but now we should be punished and not allowed to wear what shoes we want to?! Give me a frickin' break!
  • ElleBee66
    Options
    Every so often someone looks at me all bewildered and says, "How tall ARE you?" And I casually reply, "Just 5'9"." And they go on to insist that I must be 6 feet tall. I'm like, "Uhh...nope. 5'9"." It doesn't really bother me much, though. I'll wear heels as high as I can stand it if it suits my fancy. I only get truly frustrated when I can't find pants, skirts, or dresses to accomodate my long legs.

Ditto...exactly! I'm 5'9", or so the doc's office says, but people will argue with me that I must be taller than that and God forbid I throw heels on. It is a luxury to find pants long enough that I can wear heels...so I do, but not often. It isn't like I asked to be this tall, but now we should be punished and not allowed to wear what shoes we want to?! Give me a frickin' break!

Yeah, I love that conversation - "but you MUST be 6'2" at least because I am 6'" Oh no you aren't!
  • CoCoRedRider
    CoCoRedRider Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You must watch this, ladies! I'm guessing we've all heard them all. If this link doesn't work, it's on youtube called "**** Everybody says to TALL Girls" http://youtu.be/pNMllBdAppc. (An acquaintance sent it to me after he questioned my height of 6' since he's 6' and clearly 3 inches shorter than me....and I told him he's likely overestimating other measurements as well.)
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    All the time, my husband is 5'4" and I am 6' so we constantly get the stares. I think people think he is my child! People comment all the time too, most of the time I ignore it or just chuckle. Sometimes, when they are rude though I will point out one of their physical flaws and explain to them that I have no control over my height just like they have no control over the size of their "nose" lol not to be mean just to prove a point. My friends all call me their Amazon Princess and sometimes Xena, that doesn't bother me at all. I love being tall, it fits my personality, I would have no idea what to do with a tiny body.

My boyfriend is also five four but I'm 5;11''. still quite a height gap and people do make comments. He calls me his Amazon and he loves that I'm tall. Desperately wants me to wear heals but I can't until I lose some weight. Luckily I look younger than him (I'm four years younger) so we don't get weird comments like that.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    "When you guys have a baby, can I have some of its genes to pass on to my children?" ....wow .

LMAO

Dude I'm 5' 11"
    I honestly hate being tall. I get annoying comments too. One that gets on my nerves the most, "It's easier for you to look skinny because of how tall you are. Your weight gets spread out more so you can look skinny!"