best jump rope

BlackLabLover
BlackLabLover Posts: 81 Member
Hello, I have a Valeo speed rope and i find that it twists after just a couple of minutes. It has foam handles and I don't like how they feel. I would like to hear from those who have jump roped for some time - from those who would consider him/herself to be advanced in jump roping. What kind of rope do you recommend? (BTW, I am only 5'.)

Replies

• climberchic
    climberchic Posts: 83 Member
    Man, Jump rope is the BEST exercise. I have a couple of ropes, but haven't used them in forever. You totally motivated me to get AT IT!!! Thanks....

oh, and my favorite rope is old school. Wooden handles and old school rope.
  • BlackLabLover
    BlackLabLover Posts: 81 Member
    Yea, thanks! I looked at a new rope on Amazon - an Everlast, leather rope, contoured wood handles... your post confirmed I ought to give it a try! :) I jump roped 45 minutes today - not all at once: 10 at lunch and 35 minutes just now. I LOVE it! I'm just now starting to do "tricks." lol... well, to me they are tricks. High knee jumps while I cross the rope. I do jump, jump, cross, cross. I want to make up some kind of routine, but I have to figure out how to not get it caught up on my right shoulder...

Tell me when you get at it! Wow - you're almost at your last 10 lbs - congratulations!!!