Bad Pick-Up Attempts

Options
jill92787
jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
Okay, so I will always give a guy or girl props for trying and going out on a limb at making a move on someone you're interested in, but let's face it, some people are just oh-so-bad at it...

I know I have some ridiculous stories!! It always seems to be the extremely awkward, absolutely hopeless guys that hit on me if/when I do get asked out, which is so depressing lol. I just want it to be a cute guy, just once...

The worst offenders:

Blind date that I was forced to go on: We listened to a Russian Marching band on the way to the show, then we arrived and it turned out it was a 4 hour opera of the Grapes of Wrath (which I was not aware of), and then he tried all the way home to convince me that Communism is the way to go and that Fidel Castro is the best leader the world has seen in the 20th century.

"I know you're my best friend's ex-girlfriend, but...I'm so much prettier than him, you should come over and hook up with me!"

"Do you work with EOD? (bomb squad-type job)..."
"No, why?"
"...cuz you da bomb!" Not joking, he actually said that, in a serious attempt.

Second date: "I love you baby tell me you love me." Negative ghost rider. Then it continued to spiral out of control from there into "I want to get you pregnant" and "You shouldn't have any male friends, I don't want you talking to any guys but me."

...and then today a guy asked for my number, but he was literally 4'10''. I give him props, I was polite, and I gently declined, but he just couldn't get the hint and later walked right up to my window (I live on the first floor) and started trying to talk to me again and asked me out for a beer.

I think I was born with a built in creeper magnet.

What are some of your stories?

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    One guy told me he wanted to crawl up inside me to feel my love from the inside out

UH WHAT?!?!??!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    And women get annoyed with me when I say they must have a mirror in their pocket because I can see myself in their pants.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    then he tried all the way home to convince me that Communism is the way to go and that Fidel Castro is the best leader the world has seen in the 20th century.

I had no idea you had a date with Ozzie Guillen. He was just overcompensating for his PR problem.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    haha.

All I can say is I'd ask you out.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any stories but

LOL @ creeper magnet
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    then he tried all the way home to convince me that Communism is the way to go and that Fidel Castro is the best leader the world has seen in the 20th century.

I had no idea you had a date with Ozzie Guillen. He was just overcompensating for his PR problem.

Nice comment!!!! :bigsmile:
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    Second date: "I love you baby tell me you love me." Negative ghost rider. Then it continued to spiral out of control from there into "I want to get you pregnant" and "You shouldn't have any male friends, I don't want you talking to any guys but me."

...and then today a guy asked for my number, but he was literally 4'10''. I give him props, I was polite, and I gently declined, but he just couldn't get the hint and later walked right up to my window (I live on the first floor) and started trying to talk to me again and asked me out for a beer.

Why talk about getting your date pregnant on the 2nd date? That's a little inappropriate.

How tall are you? Life must be difficult for short men.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

Why talk about getting your date pregnant on the 2nd date? That's a little inappropriate.

How tall are you? Life must be difficult for short men, though I know a guy who is like 5'5" or 5'6" that does quite well with the ladies.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    As a waitress....

"I'd like YOU on a platter."
    "I'd like the blonde buffet."
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

How tall are you? Life must be difficult for short men, though I know a guy who is like 5'5" or 5'6" that does quite well with the ladies.

haha yes, my point exactly...he was super inappropriate!! I'm 5'8'' so a 4'10'' guy is almost a full foot shorter than me, and I'm sorry but I just couldn't take him seriously. He also seems to have some boundary issues (window creeping lol)...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

19961697.jpg

I have no story to share. but wow the pregnant line?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    And women get annoyed with me when I say they must have a mirror in their pocket because I can see myself in their pants.
    Nice one! :laugh: I'll use it all the time.

1) Pokemon strategy
    2) this joke
    = instant WIN

OP: You realise you are stigmatising half the community (the males) with this - we obviously are oblivious to our bad pick up attempts. :sad:
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    So some friends of my family own a bar in my hometown. When my brother, his fiancee and I come into town, we usually go there for a few drinks. Well, we were at the bar one night when this happened.

I am standing talking to my brother's fiancee when guy walks up to us.
    He looks at me and says: "I just want to tell you that you are very attractive"
    Me: "Thank you"
    Him: "Do you have any kids?"
    Me: "No"
    Him: "Want some? My boys can swim!"

This led to us girls cracking up and the owner (our friend) telling him to get the F**k away from us. Ha ha.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I was at a sports bar last night watching the celtics and sox play. One guy asked to see my hand and said .... I'm going to read your palm, yep I see it, your going to be lip-locked with me later ...... Yeah that was an incorrect reading
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    I was at a sports bar last night watching the celtics and sox play. One guy asked to see my hand and said .... I'm going to read your palm, yep I see it, your going to be lip-locked with me later ...... Yeah that was an incorrect reading

The palm reading is a decent maneuver, what was said isn't easy to do correctly. It's not necessarily what you say, it is how you say it, though some things would be really hard to say (like the pregnant line above).
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't get the really cheesy pick-up lines much. I think my "F off" face helps with that. The last really bad one I can remember was when I was at Starbucks one day. I was in a business suit because it was the middle of a workday, and I the following exchange with a guy in front of me:

Him: You should take your jacket off.
    Me: Excuse me?
    Him: You don't need it. It's hot outside.
    Me: Thanks, but I'm fine.
    Him: Hey, I'm just trying to look out for your well-being.

One guy did say to me once "I'm not saying this to impress you ... but I'm Batman." It would've been funny if I hadn't just seen the exact same line on Facebook the day before.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    I don't get the really cheesy pick-up lines much. I think my "F off" face helps with that. The last really bad one I can remember was when I was at Starbucks one day. I was in a business suit because it was the middle of a workday, and I the following exchange with a guy in front of me:

Him: You should take your jacket off.
    Me: Excuse me?
    Him: You don't need it. It's hot outside.
    Me: Thanks, but I'm fine.
    Him: Hey, I'm just trying to look out for your well-being.

One guy did say to me once "I'm not saying this to impress you ... but I'm Batman." It would've been funny if I hadn't just seen the exact same line on Facebook the day before.

Grown women don't need to have their well being looked out for. Not romantic.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm not really a pick up line. However while I was in the gas station yesterday I had a guy basically try to sniff me and then he tells me oh you smell nice.......
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I don't get the really cheesy pick-up lines much. I think my "F off" face helps with that.

Hahaha! F off face! Priceless! I don't have any pick up lines other than hi my name is Bill and you are.

After hearing some of these winning lines though I will be sure to rush out tonight and try all of them!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I don't have any cheesy lines, but last night at the bar, this older man was hardcore hitting on my roommate and me. For the men and women here - hit on people your own age! Or near your own age!