Hey Group!

Athena413
Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello. I just joined the group (and I think my husband might have, too) but we've started to try and focus on a plant-based diet for many reasons and would love any extra support, tips and tricks, recipes, etc...that you might have to offer!

I've lost 70 lbs since I started trying to lose weight and, inspired by Forks over Knives, we thought that going plant-based might be what I need to help lose this next 50 lbs, not to mention all the other health benefits of getting away from animal products.

Feel free to add me or provide any info on here. :smile:

Replies

• MontagneGitane
    MontagneGitane Posts: 127 Member
    Welcome! I'm pretty new to the group too. It's been kind of quiet in here.
    My husband, son and I are on day 5 of a two-week vegan adventure after watching Forks Over Knives, Food Inc and Food Matters. I've lost two pounds already, while eating 100-200 calories more than I had been previously. We also both have tons of energy and are sleeping better. My husband's joint problems aren't bothering him as much either. So it's been great so far, and I'm not feeling like I really want to go back to eating like we were before.
    Anyway, feel free to add me if you'd like a supportive friend. :)
  • sgufit
    sgufit Posts: 1
    My husband and I have been trying to be mostly vegan after having seen Forks over Knives in September. I am 73, I go to the gym 3 times a week and try to exercise on my own other days. l seem to be having a difficult time getting enough protein. Trying quinoa but we don't much care for the texture or taste. Tried a stir fry tonight with quinoa, corn, rotel, mushrooms and onions and that was a little more tolerable...anyone have any good recipes?
  • Rachel505
    Rachel505 Posts: 30 Member
    HI All! My husband and I are also trying to eat a more whole foods plant based diet after watching the movie. I love the Forks Over Knives book it has some great recipes. I have also been making some Engine 2 meals this week and found some we really love. I am interested in meeting others who are doing a similar diet. I don't know if I will give up meat completely but we now only have it maybe once a week or so and same for dairy.

Feel free to add me!
  • paledi
    paledi Posts: 56 Member
    Hey everyone! My husband and I are also doing a 28 day veganish, Engine 2 challenge at whole foods after seeing Forks Over Knives. We are in day 19. Would love to meet some like minded people! I am not sure how vegan I will stay but I am interested in using this experience as a spring board to eating a more plant based, less dairy diet from now on. Add me if you like.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Greetings! I want to expand my friends list. I don't send out individual friend requests, but I accept those that are sent to me. I am a vegan because I oppose the murder of nonhuman creatures for any reason. I am an ethical vegan who hates PETA. I am not vegan for health reasons, I do not concern myself with nutrition, I don't cook except to fry potatoes, and I smoke cigarettes and do not exercise. It's ALL about the animals for me! I am a successful dieter, presently maintaining ideal weight. My diet strategies are somewhat unconventional.by MFP standards-- not everyone's figurative cup of tea. Feel free to check out my profile, and if you would like to be friends, please add me! Thank you!