Week 2, May 6 to May 12

Options
We are already in week 2, before we know it we will be running 5k!! Great work!

Week 2

Day 1:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk.
Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
Five-minute cool down walk.

Day 2:
Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Day 3:

Good luck!! We can do this! Remember If you are having trouble then take it slow and repeat the week if you have to!

Update the spreadsheet as you complete one of the day's:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqs2MH7Y8hmQdEszbjJSMEhyTTRRbE5ETkdZN0oyZFE#gid=0

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i've a really busy week this week and will be away from home tuesday, friday afternoon-sunday evening, so although i've only just done the wk 1 day 3 today, im going to do wk2 day 1 tomorrow, wednesday and friday. i'm ready for it! bring it on!!!
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 1 complete! Yay! I've been really conscious about stretching before and after to help with the shin issues. No probs today! Even picked up the pace a bit. Well, only for the last 2 running intervals but hey, it's a start.
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tomorrow. So excited :) I can believe how much I'm enjoying this. W1D1 was Wednesday, and I was sooooo sore. I did W1D3 this morning and I feel great! No sore muscles!! I can't do it on Tuesday or Thursday, so I'm starting week 2 tomorrow, so two days in a row. I hope my body doesn't rebel!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Just completed Week 2 Day 1, without any problems. I did it at a schools track, feels a little better on my feet.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 2 Day 1, without any problems. I did it at a schools track, feels a little better on my feet.
    well done!! im awaiting to find a babysitter so i can go for my jog today lol!!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 done on the treadmill. I think it was a little easier. However I am scared for next week and the 3 minute run!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I had made it to Week 3 before. It always helped me make the longer running intervals by listening to really fast, upbeat music.
    Started over with c25k last week. Did day 1 of week 2 yesterday. Things are going great so far.
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just completed week 2 day 2 this morning! It went well, just a bit nervous for next week !
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a run behind because I took extra days to recover last week because of a sore ankle after running on a trail. Not a great idea for an ankle like mine. All seems well now, my last run was awesome. I'm making sure not to push myself too much and stretch A LOT. Great job everyone!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 complete! Looking forward to the 2 day rest before week 3!..
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am done with Week 2. Moving on to Week 3.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    having a late week this time. With Zumba on Mondays, and my hectic work schedule, I didn't get my first run in till Tuesday. Hopefully I can get a run in tomorrow :)
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 done. Man my legs were crampy today. I guess that is incentive to make sure I drink more water!!
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 was pretty rough for me. I love to listen to IHeart Radio when I run and the good music was the only thing that kept me going.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    week 2 day 1 done today, have to run wed, thurs and fri every other day is busy ahhh I was surprised how easy it came for me though!
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I skipped week 1 but did week 2 day 1 today with no trouble so going to pick up from week 2
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just finished week one. It was GREAT!!
  • Njenva
    Njenva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 2 Day 1 on Tuesday. It was so hard, but I did it. Doing day 2 of Week 2 today. I can do this! :-)
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Last day of week 2 today. Think I'll move on to Week 3 on Sunday. We'll see how it goes.
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    week 2 day 2 --- feels great but must admit that last 90 seconds of running today was a little tough - it was more like a shuffle than a full out jog : )