pix-work in progress (be kind!)

Options
StrongGwen
StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
I had a great day at work yesterday, felt good! realized there's this huge mirror there, I was alone, so I stopped & used my phone to get a decent shot of my arm progress. (NOT the bathing suit at work LOL!) I'm trusting you all enough to post the "Before" pix (remember, it's a Work In Progress!) and the full-body progress shot too--again, had to use my phone so it's not very good.
Any body else willing to ante up? I dare ya!
Jan32012Front.jpg

Jan32012Back.jpg

ProgressApril12012.jpg

leftarmprogress.jpg

and I FINALLY figured out photo sizing and posting!!

Replies

• docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You look great! I notice a big difference in your stomach area and arms. I did not take a before pic - I did not want any reminder of where I was. Of course, now that I am making progress and feeling good about it, I wish I did.
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    You look great! I notice a big difference in your stomach area and arms. I did not take a before pic - I did not want any reminder of where I was. Of course, now that I am making progress and feeling good about it, I wish I did.

Thanks! I appreciate your support for my shameless invitation for praise! :laugh: Best of all is how much better I feel, inside and out!
  • tinytimsummers
    tinytimsummers Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! And the fact that you feel good makes it even better. Keep up the good work!!
  • jaded082
    jaded082 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Good job! I came on here yesterday and I was thinking....there is now way I am going to post my pix. I am so unhappy with where my body has gone over the past 2 years, after working so hard 5-6 years ago to get it in shape and keep it there. But maybe posting them, will hope motivate me to change it, so I can come post some better ones! ;-)

Well I will join you and humiliate my self. But hopefully I can come back on here in a month or two and post better progress pictures. (As an update, I had started B4L about 3 months ago, but got derailed by swollen painful knees for 13 weeks. I am on week two of working out agian with B4L)

I will try to post pictures below, we'll see if they come through.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Blondbiker82/20120508_132801.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Blondbiker82/20120508_132755.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Blondbiker82/20120508_132746.jpg

This is my goal, this is 2 years ago (and 25 lbs less). My arms and thighs were so much smaller! :o Ok heck all of me was smaller. lol.
    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Blondbiker82/IMG_2303.jpg
  • jaded082
    Options
    Mmmmm. Well I tried. lol. Not sure why it won't work.
  • tinytimsummers
    Options
    I just copied the links to view your pics. I am glad to hear that you are able to get back to working out, I know it just makes me feel better to be working towards that goal. If I ever get two seconds to sit down at home I will look for some pics to post...
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    Mmmmm. Well I tried. lol. Not sure why it won't work.

try this: go to your Photobucket album, and look at the list under the photo you want to post. the last one should start with IMG. copy and paste that link, and once it's pasted change the capital IMG to lower case img and that should do it. If I can figure this out I'm sure you can-you look like a smart girl!
  • jaded082
    Options
    Thanks Gwen, that worked! But they just came out way huge. I don't have time to resize them now, so I will try again later.
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    Thanks Gwen, that worked! But they just came out way huge. I don't have time to resize them now, so I will try again later.

oooh! ooooh! I figured this out last week and am excited to share! on the Photobucket album for the picture you want, click on Edit, then I think it's Advanced Edit or something similar. In the top right there is a slider bar showing the percentage it is now, so use it to shrink to a smaller size. be sure to save it. I had to post & delete several times until I figured out what size worked. There is also a way to size based on the number of pixels or something but for me that's just a stab in the dark.
  • tinytimsummers
    Options
    This a during pic. I am about 247 in this pic. I have been lifting hard with not much cardio and I am now getting more cardio in so we shall see what happens...(hope pic works)
    20120511_161211_res.jpg
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    This a during pic. I am about 247 in this pic. I have been lifting hard with not much cardio and I am now getting more cardio in so we shall see what happens...(hope pic works)
    20120511_161211_res.jpg

Hey looking good there, Dude! and congrats not only on your progress, but also on being willing to share your photo (not to mention figuring out how to do it--that's what took me the longest! ) keep it up! I've been off the deep end lately, but may have figured out why I've been craving sweets. I mean more than usual, since I love me some sweets! Of course it's stress, but why? I asked myself around the handful of M&M's. It seems that in highly stressful times, I want some instant bit of pleasure and junk food does the trick. I know it's not about solving problems--creates more problems in fact. But for those few moments I can enjoy something fully. Next is to stop before I start, otherwise understanding is useless!
  • tinytimsummers
    Options
    Thanks, StrongGwen. I will be starting another round of BFL on June 4 and hope to see results similar to the first round this year. Here is another pic I took last night, sorry it is a little blurry I just finished a monster leg workout and apparently I couldn't hold my phone still...
    Resized.jpg
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    Thanks, StrongGwen. I will be starting another round of BFL on June 4 and hope to see results similar to the first round this year. Here is another pic I took last night, sorry it is a little blurry I just finished a monster leg workout and apparently I couldn't hold my phone still...
    Resized.jpg

Oooooh baby--look at those arm cuts! I love great triceps on anyone! :love:
  • tinytimsummers
    Options
    Thank you. I'm not dropping much weight now but I believe that I am cutting up more. It is good to see results and hear about them from friends when you are busting your butt in the gym. Thanks again!
  • sengseng74
    sengseng74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You all are looking awesome with your progress. I ended up choosing to go the cardio route, because my biggest goal was to lose the spare tire through healthy food combinations and running.

The other reason I didn't want to pack on mass yet was because my life insurance company wants me to be an anorexic 185 lbs in order to get a "premium" policy. Right now I'm at 198, and already my wife is harping on me to stop this craziness because I am looking so thin in the face and torso.

For me, I love it, though! I just had my bloodwork done as part of a physical, and I no longer have hypertension, my cholesterol is well below normal, blood pressure is ideal, and my BFL lifestyle is bringing me back to the raw foods that brought me such great success in the past. I mean, how cool is that?

So once I hit my weight for insurance purposes, I'll start trying to pack on some mass through dumbbell weight training. I'm also excited to try Kettlebells. Have any of you tried those yet?

Take care,
    Steve

So I will post a couple before and afters, as well. I am hunting through an old laptop to see if I have any flabby shots to post. :-)
  • tinytimsummers
    Options
    I have used kettlebells. My wife has a Jillian Michaels kettlebell and video...one morning I was home alone and I thought I am going to give this a try and see what all the hype is about, and let me tell you I had some major soreness the next couple days. It was even a light kettlebell. So I know a kettlebell workout has the potential to kick your butt.

I will be starting my second round of BFL workouts next week and I am excited to get started! Good luck with the extra weight loss.
  • indianabrewster
    Options
    Looking great! Keep up the good work...