30's Weekend - 05/5-6

Options
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
(G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)

Replies

• PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Had a good day today and I have a smile on my face. Early start at work but that went fine for once. Had a nice lunch and put my feet up for a couple of hours of rest. Then hit the gym for a great session that saw me burn a thousand calories. Off to see The Avengers later. I have my ultra nerdy Captain America T shirt ready to go and i'm counting down the minutes :-D.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I slept in today so I'm really refreshed. I didn't over do it last night with the shots. Only had one drink. After the workday and the walk I was beat. The kids where ready to paint the town with my wallet but I couldn't do it :ohwell: Here's to another day! Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather. We have a music festival going on in downtown Memphis and I plan to mingle :devil:
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Didn't do much exercise today., except mommy and me swim class with my son. I don't worry too much on the weekends because I hardly ever sit down compared to my weekdays at work. Had brunch at a friends house and did very well food wise, but had a bit of an M&M binge after dinner :embarassed: Ah well. We also have a kids party tomorrow so I'm going to try and take a walk first.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Had a good day today, glad to just spend the day with my wife and kids! I promised my kids Dairy Queen and took them today and made the huge mistake of eating a Brownie Waffle cone Sundae to the tune of 940 calories!! I was thinking in the 400-500 range so I looked it up on the app and saw it was 940! Not a good feeling! I did run Week 3 Day 2 of C25k so that made me feel better, and my wife and I walked another 40 minutes after that to try and equalize the sundae. Beautiful day here in upstate South Carolina. Hope you guys had a great day as well!!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Well its been a pretty good weekend here so far. I was bit bummed yesterday as the tennis coach was a no show for the lessons! They're adding an extra week at the end to make up for it, but it was a really nice day I was really looking forward to it. I got my run in both days and I'm supposed to play tennis with my mom later this morning. I use the word play loosely as she has never played tennis and I only have one lesson under my belt but I imagine we will both burn some calories chasing the ball around :smile:

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good weekend!

We did Cinco de Mayo in style last night. By "in style" I mean we drank a lot of tequila. A LOT. But it was fun and if I keep consuming liquids I am sure I will eventually feel normal again. Right?

We did make it to the gym for lifting on Saturday before things got debauched. That's a big win for us because we never make it to the gym on Saturdays.

Today is supposed to be a hiking day... We'll see how that goes.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Sara Grace
  • BishopSmurf
    BishopSmurf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We had our first baseball game today. Real baseball, wooden bats, hardball; I point that out because it is very much NOT softball.

I was very worried because Susan and our son were coming to see me play. They have never seen me play, and we had a baseball themed wedding. (tasteful, not chalking the aisle and wearing jerseys or anything. Ask Susan to show some pictures) Anyway... back to the story. I'm in a new league with guys that i have never played with. It is a recreational league, but fairly competitive. League rules allow you to bat all your players (just like tee-ball for 35+ year-old dudes) so i was batting 12th in the line-up.

Terrified that i was going to suck eggs in front of my family, and the coach with enough confidence in me to bat me 12th, i was off to a sparkling start. Ad fate would have it, there i am in my first at bat with the bases loaded and two outs. ...perfect. What a great position to look the fool. I should point out at this point A) I have never used a wooden bat in a game and was waiting for it to explode in my hands when i got a fastball inside B) One of my beat friends was coaching first base and stealing signs for me.

"Her we go, Todd. Falling off the table." (not so subtle tip that a curve ball was coming)

A line drive base hit into rightfield. It was misplayed by the right fielder and the bases cleared, 3 runs in and i am standing on 2nd. ...and i am winded. My old out-of-shape *kitten* just sprinted 180 feet and i was sucking wind. Next at bat I crushed a pitch to right-center for what should have been a triple. After over an hour in the heat and sprinting another 180 feet to second, i didn't have another 90 feet in me.

At the end of the day, not too bad. 2 for 2, Single, Double 3 RBI, 1 run, 2 putouts, 3 assists, 0 errors.

I start my C25K tomorrow. I'm not losing another base to cupcakes and television.

Thanks for your time.

Todd
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^
    I did a lot of clapping, drank 86 oz of fluid, sweat about 160 oz of fluid, and got a sunburn. :smile: But I was super proud of Todd - can't wait for the next game!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    sounds fun for all!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great game. I don't know much about baseball but it sounds fun! Good luck next time!
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Love the baseball story. I have spent a lot of days watching games in the heat. I feel for you, Susan.

Wow, hiking while hungover is wicked hard. It took us almost 4 hours to complete 6.5 miles. At one point I realized that if I just gave up and laid down someone would probably have to carry me out. That wouldn't be fair, right? So I plodded on.

There is no chance I can eat all my calories today so I am calling it. I went over a couple of nights this week so hopefully it all balances out. Honestly, it has been really hard to stay on track this week. The good news is tomorrow is a new week. :-)

See ya next week!

SG
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    great job, Todd! :smile:

Sara Grace- your Cinco de Drinko celebration sounded like my kinda party! :drinker:

I spent Saturday night at the Cleveland Fashion Show. My company was one of the hospitality sponsors, so we had a table of our ultra-premium chocolates. It was cool! I ran into a girl I went to college with, met Miss Ohio 2011, saw the Fashion Show and had a kick *kitten* alcohol infused mini cupcake!!! It was a great night! didn't get home til like midnight tho. The cupcakes were equivalent to one shot of alcohol in each! The alcohol is added after they are baked so that you get the full flavor and buzz from the alcohol! The owner of the company was handing out the cupcakes at the event and I got to talk to her a little...her idea is genius!!! 2 of my favorite things, sweets and alcohol! lol, what more can you want?! I'm sure very high in calories, but that is like all I ate the whole time I was at the fashion show, well except for like 3 pc of chocolate from my store (they are small pcs in my defense, lol).

Sunday was spent with my best friend and her family, which was awesome because I haven't seen them in awhile. Got to see the kids t-ball practice! They were sooo freakin cute! My nephew is sooo serious about his sports, it's adorable! Niece did great too! We had dinner at my friends, Mom's house and that was awesome! I went WAY over calories today and didn't work out, oops. Back on the proverbial horse tomorrow! No weighing in for a week is still the plan!

Great weekend! Sounds like you all have a great one too! :smile:

off to bed I go!