regular binges

Options
emmabrackpool
emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
Im so glad Ive found this group!

My issue is I can stick quite happily to my cals for 10-15 days but then for no apparant reason I then binge for 3-4 days and undo all my hard work. Ive noticed that sometimes its linked to my cycle or just sheer boredom - last time was when my hubby was away for a few days and I just ate and ate and ate - any advice or tips on how to avoid these episodes would be really welcome thanks x

Replies

• lakota1307
    lakota1307 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well I have replaced my emotional eating with Lemon water as much as possible. I know it can be tough. I have also been using almonds and pistachios to fill those times when I want to binge.
    one or two almonds and one or two pistachios with the water then if that doesn't work I try drinking more water. I have also on occasion stood in front of the mirror when I get that ravenous feeling and look at myself and ask , "Do you really want to throw away all your hard work for some stupid food? " Or "Eating is not going to make me feel better , and I know I will regret it !!--walk away" I don'y leave anything tempting out . I make sure I have cleaned fruit and vegetables cut up and ready in the fridge. I tell myself eat , some good stuff drink a big lemon water and go occupy some time waiting for the feeling to pass. main thing AVOID ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS!! they drive my hunger through the roof, make me crazy like I want to eat a whole pizza and ice cream !! that may not happen to everyone but I have noticed what it does to me since I quit using. if i have a product with artificial sweetener I really notice the increase in my hunger
    Just my two cents !! hope it helps !!
  • brandneweyesnd
    Options
    When you fancy a binge just think to yourself 'would I eat an apple right now?'
    If yes, go get an apple or other healthy snack.
    If no, go do something else eg a few reps of lunges to get your mind off food/bingeing
    If I ever feel like eating the unhealthy food we have downstairs I literally go for a run instead! It makes you feel 10x better afterwards.
    Really the solution is to throw away all the junk food you have in the cupboards and not buy any more, but my mum wont do that as my little sister lives at home too :p