upping my calories

Options
LadyKatieBug
LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
for the past few weeks unintentionally of course I've been eating 1200 calories or less even with 3 meals a day mini meals and 2 snacks. I would still be hungry before bed time. so today I tried logging my calories and added an extra snack in I've not eaten yet but it put my calorie total to 1,418. I am going to try and see about doing this the next few days.

I know a lot of folks think it was intentional I was doing it but in al honesty I plan healthy meals and it has to do with the calories mfp says my meals are. for instance today it said for my breakfast: a half bagel- 120 calories, 3/4 cup cottage cheese 90 calories, for my laughing cow strawberry cream cheese wedge 45 and for my apple 70 calories.

for my lunch a beef hotdog no bun 180 calories
for 6 chips since they are not healthy 80 calories
etc.

for dinner I ate:
Turkey italian sausage 1 link
corn ( is a startch not a veggie)
fried poratoes 1 ounce
pineapple

all that put me at 1,118 calories

including my snacks of
1 baby bell cheese
1 1/2 graham cracker
1 cup milk

so I added in for my last snack

6 crackers

1 baby belle cheese

total calories 1,418

I go shopping on May 15th so any healthy suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Don't eat light, fat free, etc of anything. Eat normal foods. Eat what you want, just portion control. So maybe a standard serving of a snickers bar is a whole bar, eat 1/2 instead. Less calories, but still getting a treat. Also, your body will start to crave more. What about greek yogurt? I love to mix berries and greek yogurt with some grape nuts. Or peanut butter and celery/carrots! You could also make a protein shake. I do think that you should eat more veggies Veggies are low cal, but you can eat a lot of them!

I recently discovered quinoa. I thought, I'm going to hate this, but I absolutely LOVE it! It's proteins and carbs but it's awesome for you! Someone recommended Lentils, I bought some today, not sure if I'll like them, but can't hurt to try.

Honestly, it's really easy to up your calories, just try to concentrate on the healthy stuff. BUT remember, this is for the rest of your life, can you go without say carbs, chocolate, chips, etc the rest of your life? IF not, make it work for you!

Feel free to look at my diary, I like to think I eat pretty clean, and pretty healthy.