Did you enjoy the Super Moon?

Options
So I've moved into a home in the suburbs and have been feeling too aware of my neighbors to have a meaningful ritual outside. I also can't really get into it inside because my family dosen't follow my path, it makes it uncomfortable to do my thing around them.

However, tonight I left the kids in bed and my hubby on the couch and drove down the road until I hit the open desert. I left my car by the side of the road and took my backpack with my gear and hiked a mile into the the scrub grass/ scrub brush/ and sand. I held my full moon ceremony so far from civilization that I was actually able to conduct the ritual skyclad and not feel even a tiny bit uncomfortable!

I needed that.

Blessed be.

(Bonus: Awesome ritual AND exercise. Woo-hoo!)

Replies

• JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been a very bad Pagan lately... I haven't celebrated a Sabbat beyond mentioning "hey, hon, it's ____ tomorrow/today/tonight" since Yule, let alone an esbat.
    I'm in need of some spiritual food to motivate me, but I just haven't been feeling it.
  • JmeHarris
    JmeHarris Posts: 38
    Options
    I've been a very bad Pagan lately... I haven't celebrated a Sabbat beyond mentioning "hey, hon, it's ____ tomorrow/today/tonight" since Yule, let alone an esbat.
    I'm in need of some spiritual food to motivate me, but I just haven't been feeling it.

Didn't I see a post from you in another room about your alter getting trashed by a family member? Maybe it affected you as much as your alter. Perhaps a cleansing of you and your space will help get you out of your funk.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    that would definitely help. lol I just have to get around to doing it. hopefully very soon
  • freyaskitty
    freyaskitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh, Mani was truly glorious! I got to bathe in his beautiful glow for awhile, sitting in my backyard.
  • freyaskitty
    freyaskitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, those quiet times are necessary. It gives you a pause to reflect on your life, your world, what's happening in them all, and when the time is right, you will be refreshed and spiritually ready for the sabbats and esbats. Better to really feel it instead of just doing some ritual because you feel like you 'have to'.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I had to work, sadly,

but i spent some quiet contemplation time on the back porch

and had a prayer answered.

Blessings.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    It was a glorious moon. I wish I could have performed a ritual like you did but wasn't working out for me.
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Me and my witchy sisters went out into the the middle of this nature center where there is a circle pavilion in the middle of the woods, nobody passed by us on the trail during ritual and it was lovely being surrounded by nature. We had a wonderful ritual and it was actual our one year anniversary of when me and my two sisters did our first ritual together! Then afterward we had a bonfire and watched the moon rise. She was bright and beautiful.