Roll Call......Who's here? We have 3 more weeks and....

Options
Hi All,

Whew! What a past couple of weeks, but that's life isn't it?!!!

How are you all doing? Boy, have I been a yoyo, up, down, up, down! Ugh! I put the 5 goals I listed on the other post on a spreadsheet to post in my kitchen and you know what? I wasn't able to reach them! I looked at them each day and felt so guilty. Do you know what else happened? Instead of losing weight, I gained! Hmmm the stress maybe added to that!

Then I had a light bulb moment .............

I realized that I am still making my goals too hard for me. I really haven't set goals on paper for a looooong time. I want to stretch myself but I also want to build some momentum with the power of accomplishment so I modified my goals today to be some I feel I can truly accomplish so that I can get some momentum going!

I am learning a lot about myself through this website that I hadn't realized before and that is good because I am really understanding some of the choices I am making more etc. I don't know if that makes sense but more than ever I realize how important it is to stick with something that IS important and when it's not working out then to -

STOP, EVALUATE WHAT I AM DOING, AND CHANGE MY APPROACH.
After all, my life is quite different than it was last time my scales reflected the number I wanted!

So...........with 3 weeks left, LET'S KEEP GOING.
I am down 6 lbs. Originally I wanted to lose 15 lbs but now, instead of beating myself up and thinking I will do all these crazy things (like exercise for 8 hours a day while only eating veggies and drinking water (LOL just kidding yikes that very thought makes me feel panicky!!! :tongue: ) I am going for 4 1/2 more lbs. That puts my goal for each week at 1 1/2 lbs. and an overall lost of 10.7 lbs which would get me going! For those of you who have gone further and are going strong, CONGRATULATIONS!

HERE'S TO A GREAT NEW WEEK.

Quotes for today -
"There are no secrets to success, It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." Colin Powell

"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot... and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why... I succeed." MIchael Jordan :wink:

Replies

• dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    im hear . i also have gained and not put the effort into my goals and i am very up set with myself . but i started a new week and i am going to give it all my best. good luck to everyone have a great week
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    ditto! i have my goal set at 1.5 lbs too how funny! hehe all the birthday cake last night didnt show great on my scale today (i normally dont weigh but i wanted a bit of motivation to not eat the rest of the cake myself today)

my goal for the next 3 weeks is to be under 180 :-) getting so close i just want to be out of it for good!
  • TraTroy
    TraTroy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to have you back skimom! I'm here too! I had a nasty stomach bug, and I am still not fully recovered, but I am back on board with my MFP goals. I have a family reunion at the end of the month, and I want to look and feel my best. Stay motivated everyone! We can do this!!!