New Year a New You

Options
Hello all,
I think a lot of you know me on swap bot as biasbabe aka Robin. Well, I am sure by now you are thinking how are we going to get through the year let alone a day or a month on a diet. I just want to tell you that it does work. Diet to me is just that, a DIET it is a life style change. Don't feel that you have to give everything up in your life when it comes to your weight loss. That is the big mistake people do when the go to loosing weight. Do deprive yourself of that one brownie. You will work it in some where along the line in the work of your diet. I use to feel really bad because of eating just that one brownie but no more. As long as you are committed to loosing that weight and exercising. It will come off as well. So you all I am happy to see all my wonderful Swap-bot family on here. Have a great week and don't forget to journal what you eat.:drinker:

Replies

• VivaLaDiane
    Options
    Thanks Robin.

I'm Diane, as you all may know. And you know the basics of my story if you read the forum post that got you here.

I am so proud of all of you. This is a huge step and just doing this and being aware of ourselves is the first step. I feel like with everyone watching, it will force me to be more accountable. I hope it does something similar for any or all of you. I know there is success in this place and just being here, we've already stepped on that ladder of success. I applaud you all, I support you all and I'm encouraged by you all.

Thank you so much. Here's to losing together :)
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Elizabeth...obviously....Yep, now you get the screen name huh?

I have been on MFP for about a year and have taken it for granted really. It was there. I logged in every now and then but never really USED it like I should. I luckily did make 2 great friends on here that badgered me to return. It took a couple things to make me return. One being VLD's forum post. And seeing so many people I knew on SB that wanted to try MFP also.

The second requires a bit of back story. In 5th grade, I ran track. Yeah looking at me you are thinking WHATEVER. But I did and I loved it. I loved hitting that point when you are running where you are alone with your thoughts and your body. When you hit that point almost where it feels like your body has control and your moves are automatic. It was amazing...and I quit track...STUPID STUPID...one of my biggest regrets in my life.

My friend on here, Brandi, posted this video on her Facebook. I watched it and cried. I cried because of what he accomplished. I cried because he has what I lack--determination and the knowledge and power to get back up and try again. And I sobbed when he runs. Not teary eyed, not silent tears, body shaking sobs. Because he went from one point to another. Because he gives me hope. Because he inspires me. Because I want to inspire YOU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448&feature=share

In my SB post, I talked about it being hard to get started. well folks, watch out...I started. And I hope all of you fellow botters will stay on my *kitten* to keep me going!
  • VivaLaDiane
    Options
    I feel like we all owe it so much to do this. For our friends so we can be active more, for our family knowing our moods will improve when our health does, BUT DAMN IT for ourselves. Because if you knew that 10 pounds could help you breathe easier and 20 pounds can make your metabolism better and 30 pounds can start removing dependancy on medication... I mean ladies, we can do this. It can be done.
  • AngieQue
    AngieQue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh, Elizabeth! That video is so incredible. I am sharing on my FB as I have a lot of yoga people on my FL. I know they will love it.

And for everyone. It's one day at a time. You will have bad days, especially at first. But each day gives you a new start, so keep going.
  • Mar1l1ze
    Mar1l1ze Posts: 16
    Options
    I saw that video a couple of days ago and it had me in tears - sobs like Elizabeth said. I just kept on thinking: "And here I am just not feeling like it" - I felt like a waste of space. So that one touched a nerve for me and reflected on my own view on my journey. He is an incredible guy and that video is bookmarked to show me someone who had a 'right' to give up wasn't going to - why do I get to have a free pass on it?

I am excited, scared and very nervous about this journey. I've been at the starting block so many times - but this time I want to go the distance. Thank you Diane for giving us a space to breathe. Where we can find support from people we know are walking the same path as us.
  • MikkiMcCoy
    MikkiMcCoy Posts: 45
    Options
    WOW!! Great video!! I just shared it on my Facebook page!! "Never underestimate what you can accomplish."