I'm promoting this like crazy!

Options
lillebanon
lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
After writing explanations to many friends about the eating more philosophy, I finally composed my own little blog post about it (obviously pointing people to this great group)... I'm so happy with EATING that I want the whole world to start eating again too!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lillebanon/view/my-take-on-eating-more-to-weigh-less-254554

Replies

• justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have made a pact not to read the general boards anymore. I'm getting a lot of extra calories by banging my head today ;) I seriously wrote a response, and then edited it, because some people just won't listen.

Now pot kettle black, I've been struggling with my own doubts, but a few of you lovely ladies have kept at my to keep going.

Anyhow, awesome post, and I'm going to save it to spam all over my feed ;)
  • lillebanon
    Options
    I am new to the blog thing, but I guess if you guys "vote" for my post it gains popularity and will be featured as a popular post and get more exposure, and hopefully lead more people here...
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I havent been around the boards long, but I also notice in the general boards just how many people say they are hungry, or arent losing weight, or whatever, and yet wont eat more... I still have days of doubt where I think Im doing this wrong, but when I finally see the scale trending down, I know I will never go back to eating 1400 cals again.

I think for many people (myself included) feel that weight loss should happen quick and fast.. but it doesnt.. to make sure the changes stick, it has to be slower than the fad diets.. And thats what eating 1200 cals is... a Fad.. I want to shake those who are and tell them, what the hell are you going to do when you lose the weight and start eating "normally" again??? ARGH!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I think for many people (myself included) feel that weight loss should happen quick and fast.. but it doesnt.. to make sure the changes stick, it has to be slower than the fad diets.. And thats what eating 1200 cals is... a Fad.. I want to shake those who are and tell them, what the hell are you going to do when you lose the weight and start eating "normally" again??? ARGH!!

This. It's exactly what fuels us to keep putting the info out there, but yes, 1200 cals is exactly that, the newest fad. It always seems like it's working at first, simply because cals are lowered. People have to remember...if the weight comes back, it didn't "work".

This sure ain't a quick fix, but neither is gaining and losing the same lb for years, lol....At least when you EM2WL, when you get smaller, you actually stay there, lol...

~Kiki
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I loved the blog because it'll make it so easy for newcomers to figure everything out, so that they can get started fast.

Then they can go back and read all the awesome advice and watch the videos that Lucia and Kiki have given us. Because I believe knowledge is a powerful tool for success!!

Knowledge=power=success
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    Great post!! :flowerforyou:
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    That is such an awesome blog post! It explains the entire process perfectly!!!
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Thank you! I have gotten a HUGE response from the general community, and all very positive!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm am so skeptical, you don't even know. But, I'm going to do it for a couple months.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

GREAT JOB!!

ANOTHER "Must Read"!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm am so skeptical, you don't even know. But, I'm going to do it for a couple months.

Oh yeah, we DO know!!!!

Keep in touch with us, OK? Would LOVE to hear your unput!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    awesome post!

im happy this group is around! I can't remember where i read it but someone put out there something along the lines of: "i dont want to just loose a lot of weight fast, i want to turn my body into a lean, mean fat burning machine!"

hahaha, that really clicked with me...working hard to make it so you never have to "diet" and start training your body to burn like no bodys business!

i was out with friends and stated talking to an old friend who has recently lost some signifigant weight. he said he was using MFP (yay) and that he was eating around 1100 calories a day. i almost fell off my damn chair! i tried to talk to him a little about what im learning and he looked at me like i was crazy! another girl at the table who eats 1200 calories a day TO MAINTAIN (fyi she is in amazing shape) was trying to tell me that since 3500 cals = 1 pound, if you eat 100 extra calories a day you'll gain 10 lbs every year! but when i said, "ok, but 100 calories over what number??" she too looked at me like i had 2 heads. i simply cant imagine eating so low for your "entire life"!! but hey, she looks great LOL so who am i to judge!