Eating at maintenance.

Options
AmyM713
AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
If I'm eating my tdee without the 15% cut do I continue to not eat back exercise calories, this part really confuses me the most sorry!

Replies

• lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just curious, are you trying to reset your metabolism, or have you reached your goal weight? :)

Either way, since your TDEE calc should include your average exercise already, you don't eat the calories back unless they make you dip below your BMR for the day. So, if your TDEE is 1900, and your BMR is 1400, you only eat back any exercise calories that exceed 500 calories in a day.
  • AmyM713
    Options
    I have reached a weight range I am comfortable with any where between 115-120 is fine with me. My metabolism may be a little screwy too though since I was eating way below what I guess I should have been.

Thanks for answering, I had burned more calories then normal today and was a little confused.
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal! If you have been eating low cal you may see a slight jump on the scale at first when you go to maintenance, but it will come back off.
  • AmyM713
    Options
    Thank you, I'm prepared and have seen a bit of a jump but don't know if this is from increasing how much I'm eating or up coming TOM. I'm not letting it get to me its just a number my clothes say different right now.
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Perfect attitude! I'm very excited for you and can't wait until I get there too!
  • AmyM713
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it, you look awesome now in your profile pic!
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Thank you. I have 19 to 20 lbs more or less to go. I guess I don't have a set number for the scale because I do want to gain muscle, so I guess its more like I want to lose 20 lbs of fat, but may gain 10 lbs of muscle doing that...