Will Someone ** pretty please** look over my diary/data?

Options
MoreBean13
MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
Hi! In the past 2 weeks I have had no change in weight, and only minor changes in measurements. I feel like I'm trying my absolute best to do everything right, and NOTHING is happening...except I am making progress in my weight training. I have hormonal reasons my weight loss can be expected to be slow, but I am getting SUPER frustrated. My "Cut" calorie # is 1610. My LBM is 100 lbs, so I have been aiming for over 100 g protein/day. PLEASE look at my data and diary and tell me what I'm doing wrong! (and how I can fix it). I had a ton of pizza for dinner last night- it was a one-off, so please don't tell me that's the issue. I appreciate any help here. Thank you! :flowerforyou:

2hxqetj.jpg

Replies

• lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    What is your BMR?
  • lillebanon
    Options
    I ask because I see a LOT of days you are netting at 1200 or even less (824, Yikes!). I think you need to eat more!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    BMR is 1342....you're right.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    What is your BMR? You CAN'T be netting that low and hitting your BMR.

And your sodium is WAAAAAAY high. Limit it to no more 2400mg per day.

The EM2WL premise is eating your TDEE - X% = your Cut.

You do not worry about exercise calories since TDEE figures it in and you NEVER eat below your BMR under ANY circumstances.

Others will elaborate more........

ETA: and it wouldn't be me if I didn't add this: STAY OFF THE SCALE!! (for at least a month or more!!)
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary I thought at first you were eating enough but I think it comes out different once you break it down the way you did on a spread sheet. I agree. It's possible your not eating enough. You burn A LOT of calories in a day. Lots of cardio? But yes eat more!
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Definitely eat back enough of your exercise calories to net your BMR everyday. Give it a few weeks and I bet you'll be very happy with the results. And less cranky, 'cause you won't be hungry. :happy:
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I think I already knew the answer when I posted this to some extent, but in truth I eat ALOT. I think sometimes it's easy to slip backwards in to old habits (for me, running and lots of it) and I needed to post this for some accountability.
  • lillebanon
    Options
    Yeah, I mean running is awesome, but if you are going to do the crime (running), ya gotta serve the time (eating back those tremendous burns). For me it made sense to cut back on my running, especially after I achieved my half marathon goal, because I couldn't eat back the calories. I'm enjoying the weight-lifting I've added to my routine now!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    For example, today is a pure rest day for me. Yesterday my workout felt awful and I decided I need a day off. As I am sitting here writing this, I already have my running shoes laced up because I waffled and was considering a quick run since I feel extra fat and guilty for not getting exercise today.

I'm removing running shoes now.....
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I ask because I see a LOT of days you are netting at 1200 or even less (824, Yikes!). I think you need to eat more!

^^^^this^^^^

I see only one day where you netted over 1610 and alot of days were below your BMR and your salt intake seems kinda high.

Remember consistency is the key!!
  • lillebanon
    Options
    For example, today is a pure rest day for me. Yesterday my workout felt awful and I decided I need a day off. As I am sitting here writing this, I already have my running shoes laced up because I waffled and was considering a quick run since I feel extra fat and guilty for not getting exercise today.

Do so quick core exercises instead. :) Down on the floor and give me a thirty second plank!
  • rosied915
    Options
    Maybe look over some of the "Pin Posts" at the top of our Board for some RE-inspiration!!:flowerforyou:

It is definitely hard to break old habits and wrap your mind around this new theory. I'm 51 years old and have been dieting for over 40 of those years~ always feeling like a freak, the fat chic, the one who's different, the one who doesn't dress like everyone else cause those clothes are for skinny chics!:cry:

I finally feel like "everyone else" and I feel less "panicky" about food, less like a freak and when I lift those weights, I feel like a MIGHTY WARRIOR PRINCESS!!!:blushing:

(that's why we eat):wink:
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Its funny that you all are pointing out the sodium, because I thought I was doing fantastic on that front. I LOVE salt, and this is like probably 1/4 to 1/5 of what I was eating before I started religiously logging food again. I put that *kitten* on everything! But I have been trying to limit it to 3500 and I'm measuring it when I use it now.

I should add that I have naturally low blood pressure, and it does not seem to be affected by my salt intake.
  • rosied915
    Options

Do so quick core exercises instead. :) Down on the floor and give me a thirty second plank!

You are so freakin cute!!!
  • lillebanon
    Options
    I have super low BP too so I don't overly worry about my sodium (but it DOES show up on the scale when I let it get too out of hand).
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Thanks everyone......further advice is still welcome :)

@lillebanon: what was the half marathon goal you completed? Was it your first one or a PR? I've done 5 now and my PR was 2:12. Actually my real PR is that I did one of the 5 with zero training and I finished, just decided the night before to go do a local one. Not recommended. Ha!
  • MoreBean13
    Options

You do not worry about exercise calories since TDEE figures it in and you NEVER eat below your BMR under ANY circumstances.

ETA: and it wouldn't be me if I didn't add this: STAY OFF THE SCALE!! (for at least a month or more!!)

Haha, As you can see, I do weigh every day but I don't actually obsess about it. I'm OK with day to day fluctuations, neutral about them even. I weigh and track in my spreadsheet for the purpose of data collection, longer term trend spotting. I'm an engineer- I can't help it. Spreadsheets are my bread and butter.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi! In the past 2 weeks I have had no change in weight, and only minor changes in measurements. I feel like I'm trying my absolute best to do everything right, and NOTHING is happening...except I am making progress in my weight training. I have hormonal reasons my weight loss can be expected to be slow, but I am getting SUPER frustrated. My "Cut" calorie # is 1610. My LBM is 100 lbs, so I have been aiming for over 100 g protein/day. PLEASE look at my data and diary and tell me what I'm doing wrong! (and how I can fix it). I had a ton of pizza for dinner last night- it was a one-off, so please don't tell me that's the issue. I appreciate any help here. Thank you! :flowerforyou:

2hxqetj.jpg

You def need to eat more. You should be using the 1.55 multiplier which gives you 2080 and then your cut is 1768 but I think you should round up to 1800. You must start eating that daily and on high burn days NET NO LESS than bmr.

Also, is there a way to get in some heavy lifting? Glad the scale isn't your driving force:flowerforyou: If you can really get into lifting and ease off the cardio a little I believe you will see the results you desire.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    [
    You def need to eat more. You should be using the 1.55 multiplier which gives you 2080 and then your cut is 1768 but I think you should round up to 1800. You must start eating that daily and on high burn days NET NO LESS than bmr.

Also, is there a way to get in some heavy lifting? Glad the scale isn't your driving force:flowerforyou: If you can really get into lifting and ease off the cardio a little I believe you will see the results you desire.

I have been doing heavy lifting 3x/week. I actually love it, and when I started I fully intended to slow down my cardio, but it's like cardio is an addiction almost! Should I use the 1.55 even if I back off the cardio? Even though otherwise I'm sedentary? I have hypothyroid so I know it's going to be slow, but I guess because of that I'm scared of overeating.
  • lillebanon
    Options

Haha, As you can see, I do weigh every day but I don't actually obsess about it. I'm OK with day to day fluctuations, neutral about them even. I weigh and track in my spreadsheet for the purpose of data collection, longer term trend spotting. I'm an engineer- I can't help it. Spreadsheets are my bread and butter.

I work in engineering too... love me some spreadsheets. :)
    Oh, the half marathon goal was just to run one and not die pretty much. My goal time was 3:20. haha... but I finished in 2:53!