Anyone else doing C25k?

While skimming the forums, I came upon a thread discussing the C25k program and thought it sounded pretty neat. I did some digging and have officially decided to try it out. Is anyone else here doing it and if so, how do you squeeze it into your Nrol4W workoutS? Do you do it on the same days as your strength work.. y'know like throw it in afterwards? Or do you do it in between the strength training days?

Replies

• loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    I did the Couch 2 5K program and just recently got to my 3 mile goal. It's a great program. I just started NROL4W last week so don't have a lot of experience in balancing the two. I'll be interested in what others have to say because I really don't want to give up my running. (NEVER thought I would say THAT.) :laugh:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    See, I was on the verge or becoming a runner.. well a majority of my exercise was geared towards building endurance and one day leaning the fine art of haulin' *kitten*, but since working in the strength training, I wasn't sure just where the cardio would fit. I'm curious to see how everyone else has slipped running into their schedules.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    I lift three days a week (MWF) and run/ walk three days (TThS). I'm making sure I stick with the lifting workouts; if I'm feeling tired, too sore, or worn down I will skip a run day or shorten my run or just walk and sleep a little later instead. I do walk before and after I lift for a couple miles but that's just my warm up/ cool down.
  • I might do it for my HiIT!
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    I did a few weeks of it last year. It's a good program and I miss it. I was considering taking it up again and doing it after my strength workouts, but I'll see how I feel after them. That's what he recommends, if you want to do cardio too.
  • avalynsmom
    avalynsmom Posts: 78
    I'm doing both! I am starting week 5 of C25K this week, and it's my 2nd week of NROL4W. I lift M, W, F and I run T, Th, Sa. Last week was my first doing both, and my run days were ROUGH cause I was super sore from lifting, but this week, I'm definitely not as sore and I feel like tomorrow's run will be just fine. I plan on continuing both at this same schedule, with no additional cardio, until I at least finish both Stage 1 of NROL4W and the entire C25K program. Then I'll reevaluate my cardio and see if I want to go for another round of C25K, or up to to 10K, or do something else. I did notice the running is becoming easier with stronger legs! I have kind of bad knees, and my first run after lifting I didn't have any knee soreness:)