Binging and hunger

Options
Hi everyone. I just recently "saw the light" of EM2LW and I love it. I have a question though. According to the Fat 2 Fit radio calculators, I should be eating around 2200 cal/day. I'm 23 years old, 5'6, 162 lbs with 32% BF and want to get down to 140 lbs or around 22% BF. I've been eating around 2000 for a little bigger deficit since I don't have a lot to lose but I always make sure to at least net my BMR. However, ever since I started fueling my body and working out 5-6 days a week doing a lot of weight training, I've noticed that my metabolism has been kicked into overdrive and I'm ALWAYS hungry!! I usually don't go to bed until around 12 or 1 AM and by 9 PM or so, I'm starving. This often leads to binge eating at night. :(

What does this mean? Am I still not eating enough or not eating the right things? Do you all still have problems with the occasional binge?

Replies

• nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Options
    I have the same question! By 9 or 10 or so I am starving. And I can't sleep unless I eat something.

It's not just sweets or something, too. I want a sandwich or more of what I had for dinner or something.

I've been working out with weights (Finally, I know) for a little less than a month. Before that, all yoga and kickboxing.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I find if I am consistently eating protein at each meal/snack then I am not hungry later at night.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I find if I am consistently eating protein at each meal/snack then I am not hungry later at night.

THIS^^^
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Some people tend to underestimate their activitly level when calculating their TDEE, so that could be the problem. Also, how much protein are you getting in.....we suggest trying to get in around 1gr per lb of body weight especially when doing a good strength training program.

I will be honest, I do not go to bed hungry and will eat something protein rich if I am starving.

Also, are you fueling before and after the workout? I tend to eat before I hit the weights and have a protein shake ready the sec I am done, then I have a small meal within the hour.
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    Well, I added a protein shake immediately after my work out today, and now I'm barely hungry enough to eat all my cals lol. Such a simple solution! Thanks everyone. :)