Moves that don't seem to work?

Options
msudaisy28
msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
Does anyone else have a move (or two) on the DVD that don't seem to be all that effective? For me it's the dumbell rows in circuit 2 (level 1 - haven't gotten beyond that). It feels like I could keep doing them forever - no muscle fatigue in either of the 30 second sets.

Replies

• tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The trick with that one is proper set of weights(are they too light?) and making sure that you are pusing your arms out and not letting fall (good form) you will feel it in your rear shoulders and upper back.
    But with proper form and no weights, you can still feel the difference.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't have one that doesn't seem to work, but I DO have to use three different sets of weights. 5s of the side lunges, 8s for the rest except the chest flies, where I use a 10 lb. weight. If I don't vary the weights and just use 5s the whole time I really feel like I'm cheating myself out of a workout!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Using different weights for the different exercises is a great idea - thanks! As I was doing Day 9 today I was also thinking that the boxing in the cardio section doesn't do much for me, even though I'm punching the air as hard as I can. I don't mind a bit of a break (well, except for my legs, they don't get a break during that one), but I'm not convinced that it's really good cardio for me!
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I haven't had much in the way of soreness; but it didn't even occur to me to increase the weight! Doh!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Using different weights for the different exercises is a great idea - thanks! As I was doing Day 9 today I was also thinking that the boxing in the cardio section doesn't do much for me, even though I'm punching the air as hard as I can. I don't mind a bit of a break (well, except for my legs, they don't get a break during that one), but I'm not convinced that it's really good cardio for me!

I don't think Jillian has very good form during her punching, but that's just my personal (and in no way professional) opinion. :) I always make sure that my abs are drawn in really tight and that I also turn my hips with each punch. This gives more movement which equals more calorie burn and also works the obliques a bit. I don't know if that will help you at all, but I thought that I'd share! :)