Obese women

Options
MyTime1985
MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
I have a question. I recently ordered this book and I'm about halfway through it. Should obese people NOT be doing this? Again, I'm only halfway through but it seems to be written for women that are around their goal weight. He doesn't say not to do it if you're overweight but it doesn't say much about overweight women starting the program either. Thanks!

Replies

• MyTime1985
    Options
    Anyone??? <crickets>
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start it obese. With all the information about how it optimizes fat loss, I didn't see any reason why it should be as much for me as anyone.

Edit: And then I found this, lol: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/436033-obesity-and-nrol4w
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am obese & am doing it. I am only 2 weeks in, so I can't say I've lost any weight yet, but I wasn't losing any weight without it either. I figure if I'm going to be stuck at this scale number, then I'm gonna need all the muscle I can get to carry my fat tush around :-)
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm obese and started last week. The way I read it was that the muscle burns more calories than fat, so you will continue to burn fat while lifting, all sounds good to me as I much prefer lifting to cardio.

Feel free to add me, I'm happy to share progress and boost you along :flowerforyou:
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm obese @ 190 and half-way through stage 1. The scale has stalled, but I've bought smaller jeans and I'm hoping my measurements & body fat have gone down too. I'm also just trying really hard to be patient with the scale while I build muscle to burn fat.

I can see changes in the mirror though, so that makes it bearable to wait for the scale to catch up. ;)
  • MyTime1985
    Options
    I'm planning to start it obese. With all the information about how it optimizes fat loss, I didn't see any reason why it should be as much for me as anyone.

Edit: And then I found this, lol: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/436033-obesity-and-nrol4w

I'm sorry for the double post! I looked for something related prior to making this post and I didn't see it! :blushing:

Thank you for the responses! I'm going to start this tomorrow. :wink: