How does my menu look?

Options
tashaa1992
tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
This is what my diet looks like, does it sound okay?

Breakfast: A glass of semi skimmed milk and an orange or apple.
Lunch: My lunches vary but it always inclues two servings of vegetables, one serving of complex carbs(wholegrain pasta, brown rice or wholemeal bread) and one serving of protein.
Afternoon snack: Either ryvita or dry shreddies(The shreddies aren't clean due to the sugar being added in).
Dinner: Weetabix with semi skimmed milk or natural yoghurt with sunflower seeds in(The weetabix isn't clean as it has added sugar in again).
Bedtime snack: A piece of fruit, usually a banana or pear.

Drinks I have not mentioned are water obviously and tea or coffee, I'm trying to stick to three maximum though.

I'm not worried about calories, I'm just concerned that what I'm putting into my body isn't clean enough but I'm interested in other peoples opinions:)

Replies

• IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What type of milk? Raw? Organic? etc
  • tashaa1992
    Options
    It's organic semi skimmed.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me! Though, I don't know what shreddies or weetabix are. I don't worry so much about sugar as much as the level of processing. (not to say eat as much sugar as you want but, personally, I'd rather have something with 5-7 ingredients 1 of which is sugar than something with 20 ingredients but is "sugar free") I try and avoid boxed cereal (assuming that's what weetabix is) because it's so heavely processed. Even Kashi and what not are heated so quickly that it pretty much strips any of the nutrition that would otherwise be in it.
  • leamj87
    leamj87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know you said you're not worried about calories but you might want to rethink that. It really doesn't seem like you're getting enough nutrition. I would add something else to your morning, maybe a smoothie? You can always add almond butter or something like that to help up calories in a healthy way.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    only 2 servings of veggies a day?
    no lean protein?

seems like a lot of carbs to me

its clean enough.. balanced diet? not so sure
  • whatsforsupper
    whatsforsupper Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have to agree it's too many carbs. Look at adding more lean protien in at dinner plus another 2-4 servings of veggies per day.
  • cita175
    cita175 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It will take time, if you do it all at once you might not keep up with it. Every week try and stop one or two items with sugar, beleive me, its hard.The Brit in me :) I love my tea with milk and sugar and this will be one of my hardest (to stop using sugar!0 I did it this morning but had to drink my tea warm:(. Eating Weetabix without sugar is horrid, i tried it :(.
    Mix up your meals and keep trying, Don't give up! :): flowerforyou: :smile:
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    This is what my diet looks like, does it sound okay?

Breakfast: A glass of semi skimmed milk and an orange or apple.
    Lunch: My lunches vary but it always inclues two servings of vegetables, one serving of complex carbs(wholegrain pasta, brown rice or wholemeal bread) and one serving of protein.
    Afternoon snack: Either ryvita or dry shreddies(The shreddies aren't clean due to the sugar being added in).
    Dinner: Weetabix with semi skimmed milk or natural yoghurt with sunflower seeds in(The weetabix isn't clean as it has added sugar in again).
    Bedtime snack: A piece of fruit, usually a banana or pear.

Drinks I have not mentioned are water obviously and tea or coffee, I'm trying to stick to three maximum though.

I'm not worried about calories, I'm just concerned that what I'm putting into my body isn't clean enough but I'm interested in other peoples opinions:)

I know you said you're not worried about calories, but please don't neglect your body. It needs calories to live! I personally do not believe you are eating enough. You don't appear to be consuming much protein either, along with the vegetables. As for clean, yes it looks clean, but there's more to health than just what you actually put in your body. Fuel the machine!
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    weetatbix for dinner? I mean I think cereal for dinner is awesome (even though I don't eat cereal) but what about other foods for dinner?

okay looked at your profile, you're a vegetarian hence there being a lot of carbs. I'd suggest adding quinoa and legumes as they're a good source of protein when you're a veg. add much more vegetables, much more especially seeing as you are a vegetarian.

you're right that you're eating clean but you aren't getting enough protein, and getting too many carbs. do you eat eggs? buy a bag of egg whites, make an omlette - easy way to add protein.
  • tashaa1992
    Options
    Over the last two or so weeks, I've changed my diet alot, well alot for me anyways lol.
    Now breakfast is a banana, 100grams of greek yoghurt, 20grams of dried fruit and a teaspoon of honey.
    My mid morning snack is cucumber sticks with 50grams of hummus yum!
    Lunch is a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich(using two slices of wholemeal bread, I'm trying to learn how to make my own clean version of tuna and sweetcorn:)), 200grams of carrot sticks and two pieces of ryvita.
    My afternoon snack is either an apple with 30grams of all natural peanut butter, a pear with an all natural cheese stick or 30grams of sunflower seeds.
    Dinner is usually 50grams of brown rice or wholewheat pasta, 200grams of vegetables, 45grams of a sauce(again I need to learn how to make a homemade one)and 25grams of chickpeas or lentils, some kind of bean lol.
    If I'm up a little later than usual, I'll have a snack a few hours before bed which is usually an orange.

Still on three cups of tea urgh:/ I'm drinking more water though, about 5-6 bottles a day, better?:)