BodPod

Options
AmyzNewGroove
AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
Good morning!

I'm scheduled to jump into a BodPod tomorrow morning and was wondering if anyone else has had their BF% measured this way? If so, what did you think? I've done zero research on the accuracy, but this is the only BF% measurement offered at my gym so I thought I'd give it a whirl. :laugh:

Also, I just realized that I'm probably retaining water like crazy right now (curse you, PMS!) so I'm wondering if I should reschedule? Or maybe TOM isn't a factor...?

Thanks for any and all input!

Amy

Replies

• sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have no idea...but I'm jealous. :)
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    Bodpod should be very accurate, not sure if TOM matters though. Just remember everything is an estimate so I can't believe that TOM would throw off a bodyfat% THAT much. :smile:
  • AmyzNewGroove
    Options
    Bodpod should be very accurate, not sure if TOM matters though. Just remember everything is an estimate so I can't believe that TOM would throw off a bodyfat% THAT much. :smile:

Excellent point - thanks!!
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    How'd it go?
  • AmyzNewGroove
    Options
    Good! Thanks for asking :)

The process was quick and, despite having to be in a swim suit for the first time I a long time, was pleasant. :) When I left they gave me a printout of the analysis. My BF% they show is less than what I had been calculating (using measurements) so that was nice (even if it happens to be inaccurate :wink:). They also gave me RMR & TDEE #s calculated using my data. Pretty cool!
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    Awesome...may have to check out a gym by me to see if they offer this.

How did the BMR and TDEE compare to online calculators?
  • AmyzNewGroove
    Options
    The Bod Pod RMR was ~130 cals less than the fitnessfrog calculation, but the Bod Pod TDEE is within 50 cals of the fitnessfrog #.. Still sort of scratching my head on the RMR being lower...more lean muscle mass = greater cals burned at rest, right? I must have been figuring something incorrectly before...
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The Bod Pod RMR was ~130 cals less than the fitnessfrog calculation, but the Bod Pod TDEE is within 50 cals of the fitnessfrog #.. Still sort of scratching my head on the RMR being lower...more lean muscle mass = greater cals burned at rest, right? I must have been figuring something incorrectly before...

They are all just estimates. even the bodpod is not perfect as is any other bodyfat test. Some are just more inacurrate then others.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm going to schedule one for next month on one of the local bases. I found out they do it for free on Fridays. I've taken a week-end off in June so hopefully they have some openings on that Friday.