Holy crap... How do I eat all these calories?!

Options
cspong
cspong Posts: 260 Member
So today is day 1 of trying the Eat More Weigh Less ways :) I'm really excited to get started... But I have over 1,600 cals left and I've already eaten breakfast and lunch! What do you guys eat to up your calories without eating a bunch of junk?

Before I started MFP (only 2 weeks ago!) I used to eat almost 2,500-3,000 cals a day (I know), but it was mostly junk food and fast food... Now I've been alotted 2,480 cals a day and I don't know what to eat!

Breakfast I had 2 Large Eggs fried and 3 pieces of whole wheat toast, lunch I had 10 Brussel sprouts and an Yves Veggie Burger on Whole wheat bread with ketchup... So, I've only eaten 861 cals today.

It's only 1:10pm here, so I've got dinner and some snacks left, but I need some higher cal foods...

*I'm "obese" with a moderate activity level and a 20% deficit*

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    full fat greek yogurt
    almonds
    peanut butter on a banana
    butter or olive oil
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    add some cheese to your eggs!
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Omg, yes! CHEESE! I love and miss cheese so much! lmao
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You eat full fat, calorie dense foods :)

for me, I eat almost 3200 calories so I have to supplement with protien shakes here and there.

But cheese, avocados...I mean come on you can eat avocados on this? heck yes! Almond Milk, uhhh I eat a ton of greek yogurt...I keep around low sodium string cheese just in case I need to pack in calories.

Oh ya peanut butter...mmmm....peanut butter....on avocados....with shredded cheese on top......
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I eat a mid morning snack around 200-300 calories as well. Then another mid afternoon and another in the evening after my workout. Choose higher calorie foods if you need to: avocado, nuts, hummus. Don't be afraid to use cheese, oil, butter, salad dressings, mayo, etc.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Nuts, high quality chocolate every once in a while.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    A glass of chocolate milk
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Im also at 2400 cals and it takes a little getting used to. Eventually you wont have any trouble fitting it all in:)

Ful Fat foods
    Greek Yogurt
    Nuts
    Protein Shakes/Bars/Powders
    slightly larger portions of meat
  • kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I also am having problems with getting enough calories. I can not eat any dairy and very little yeast or sugar. I have allergies to them. I also find I start eating my meals and do not want to finish them. So help, ideas that don't cost a lot on tight budget.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i am JUST starting this whole eating more thing..... today was the most food i've eaten in YEARS! probably over 4 years. and i still only hit the 1800 range!

i'm bloated and stuffed and to be totally honest actually got sick this afternoon from feeling so full!!!! my goal is to hit 2000 at some point. LOL. according to my body media fit i burn over 2400 per day without exercise, and usually 3000 with ( some days i hit 300o without what would be considered exercise). i assume it's off by 10%, so, i am aiming for 2000 only at this point.

who knew eating more would be so HARD!?!?!?!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i just started to today as well. it was hard to fit in all those cals but nice for a change
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue! I used to eat way more calories before I started mfp. I wouldn't eat a lot of quantity but I would eat unhealthy stuff and junk so it was easier to pack 'em in. Now that I eat healthy stuff I feel like I'm eating more but since it's lower calorie I'm having a hard time even meeting my bmr! I'm just not hungry like I used to be. I usually eat dinner and put it in my diary and then exercise in the evening. Then I look at my diary and I'm like "Oh crap, I have 800 calories to eat just to meet the bottom line!" Last couple nights it's been pb&honey sandwiches and milk that's helped me meet my goal lol
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    You've already been given some great ideas!!

You can also cook with extra virgin olive oil or canola oil and that will help increase your calories, plus add in some healthy fats. Sprinkle sunflower seeds in your salad. Eat a larger portion of meat than normal (I usually eat a 6-oz piece of fish or sometimes even an 8-oz piece of chicken!).

Oh and sometimes I'll just eat 2 TBS of peanut butter right off the spoon if I still need extra calories at the end of the day!
  • moerketid
    moerketid Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not 100% sure if it's right or wrong but one thing I am glad to get back without guilt is being able to enjoy a nice tall glass of 100% fruit juice without guilt! Yum!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    The wonderful thing that I believe with all my heart is that God wants us to enjoy life...enjoy things in moderation. We have all suffered due ot mass media, sales gimmicks, and have the hardest time holding fast to hard scientific evidence. Glad we are giving it a go, amazing just how much better the body feels on day one.

Hears to a LIFETIME!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    How I would love 2400 calories. I'm struggling to stay within my 1800.