Weekly Challenge: May 7 - 13

Options
Last Week's Challenge

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

--To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday!
(8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

Results

Fitness Elites:
Carrie+
Paul+
Jill
CurlyPep
★Sara Grace

Fitness Buffs:
Debbie+
★Susan+
★Jackie+
Ellie

Fitness Enthusiasts:
Harold+

Our total minutes this week: 3479 minutes or ~58 hours
Per person average: 348 minutes (smashing our average of 315 minutes last week!!)
Most improved player: Jill with 155 more exercise minutes this week than last week!! Congrats!

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    This week's challenge

It seems like the goal times worked really well for everyone last week. I am going to stick with them. Let me know if there are any other changes you would like to see.

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday!
    (8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 240 days
    Stacy - 225 days
    Ellie - 110 days
    Kelli - 110 days
    Debbie - 85 days
    Carrie - 65 days
    Paul - 50 days
    Susan- 45 days
    Jackie - 15 days
    Jill - 10 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Quick questions for you guys.

1. Do we want to keep the + goal about water? What other goals might you like to see or are you happy with water as a major group goal?

2. A few people reported in on their personal goal, did anyone else make their personal goal?

3. Is the number of exercise minutes for each level good? In particular, I have been wondering if we don't want to lower the requirements for Enthusiasts. I know a couple of us, I am looking at you Paul and Carrie :wink:, are absolutely killing the Elite requirements but I am reluctant to raise that number because for most people it represents a stretch but not impossible goal. We certainly can have a challenge for person getting the most minutes, if you like.
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm at 16 days, I think :)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    I wanna know about your minutes, Jackie-lady! I happen to know you put in a lot of good work this week. :-)

Edit: Now I see that you posted them on last week's thread. Which is where they go...
    Told you I was exhausted. :ohwell:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Very pleased to have made the Elite level of fitness once again. The next few weeks at work are going to be hellish for me so i won't have the chance to go out cycling. My personal goal will have to wait for a while. I'm concerned that 3 gym sessions this week may be a struggle too. I hate that my job impacts so much on my private life. The minutes are about spot on i think Sara. Don't change a thing and thanks again :smile:
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Just so you know, you can make a new "personal goal" each week! I was hoping that those goals would be responsive to our personal lives from week to week. But, of course, I leave that goal setting to each of you. Use it as you will.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I did manage to attain my personal goal for this past week - it was to keep sodium "in check" at least 5 out of 7 days. I did 6! :happy:
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Thanks for the shout out SG! I plan on striving for the Elite again this week! I would like to continue with the water challenge too b/c then I feel guilty when I don't make it! hmmm, personal goal...I have to think about that one!

Great job everyone!!! Let's keep up the great work! :smile:
  • camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    I am good with the number to attain...this week I only smashed it was the 4+ hrs of walking on Saturday that I did to benefit Make A Wish Foundation of Michigan. I am keeping my goal to burn 3500 calories this week since I did not get it last week and I plan on going for the big daddy again this week :)

A big fat THANK YOU to SG for putting all of this together :) you are awesome
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Aww shucks, thanks guys. :heart:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm going to go for the elite again this week and the same goal of keeping sodium down. I failed miserably on the sodium last week but I did get pretty close to the elite time! I may have to make a trip to the gym on Friday to do it with mother's day on Sunday but I'm gonna give it a shot.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm trying for 400 minutes of exercise. I noticed last week that my sodium was out of control. It just creeped up on me! :wink: Well I'm still working on the water. It seems when I plan to drink water that I'm not thirsty, go figure! :ohwell:

Thanks SG for all your hard work!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm in for buff again.

My personal goal will still be to keep carbs at 40%, but just 4/7 days. 7 days is too ambitious. Last week I only made it twice so this is still a challenge!
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    Started today with 70 minutes of exercise! :happy: Going to have a glass of chocolate milk, b/c I heard that it will help prevent migraines! I am more than willing to try that! :smile:
  • shorty313
    Options
    Between today and yesterday, 70 minutes. All my water!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    I think I am going to go for Buff this week. That hike really wrecked me.

My weekly goal will once again be to track honestly everyday.

SG
  • G3tR1pp3d
    G3tR1pp3d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am going to shoot for elite. I am starting late in the game but I think I will crush it. Already too late for the water so no +. I am going to add my personal goal of being down 5 pounds between now and Monday morning.
  • shorty313
    Options
    I'm at 115 minutes this week so far. I'd better get moving!
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    well, I am very disappointed, I will not make any category this week due to being sick and my long work hours :frown: I have made my water goal every day this week so far though, so that's good. I hope to be feeling better enough on Sunday to start back with exercise...