Fellow Canadians: Sodium in Canada....

Options
jyska
jyska Posts: 728 Member
If you are a Canadian like me, and you are trying to keep those dreaded sodium levels down...you really should watch this. Thankfully I do not eat a lot of prepackaged food or dine out a lot, but who can avoid it entirely!? Especially some of those things we think are a little healthier like All Bran!!

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20090723/sodium_090723/

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    The have sodium in canada?

I kid....

Good watch though!
  • jyska
    Options
    The have sodium in canada?

Apparently more than enough! :grumble: :smile:
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    I, as an American, was amazed to find out Canada had electricity...and didn't live in Igloos....just blows the mind sometime.
  • jyska
    Options
    I, as an American, was amazed to find out Canada had electricity...and didn't live in Igloos....just blows the mind sometime.

yeah, when we got electricity our igloos melted 'cause we didn't insulate the wires properly....turns out whale blubber isn't so good for that....So, we have to build log huts out of driftwood that manages to find its way north from the southern warmer climates wher e there's things called trees and we use animal bones to sheath the wiring now...we'll catch up to you guys at some point with yer fancy metal contraptions and polyester clothing! :laugh:
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do ride a moose to go to school...!

But well, as a Canadian too, I knew for quite a time that we had sodium issues here. But the difference is huge !! Can't believe we (as a society) don't complain more to those companies about sodium level in their products. Can't wait for the government to get some law in all that because we can't hope companies will do something about it.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options

We only just recently got the internets! :P
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was going to watch this but my snow dogs were going at eachother again...

:D
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    I was going to watch this but my snow dogs were going at eachother again...

:D

ughh I know what you mean! Mine are always at eachother!!

Between them and the moose I can never finish my poutine!
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    I really dont know what you guys are talking aboot
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    I really dont know what you guys are talking aboot

eh!