Phase 1 Completed; my resutls

Options
jens_mission
jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
Back on March 5, I started the program with the 7-day 'kickstart', but a week and a half later I suffered an ankle injury (pre-existing injury flared up), and had to take a month off. I started back with week 2 on April 16.

I did not follow the meal plan when starting the program back up....I instead tracked my food on MFP and kept my calories to 1,600 a day. Jillian's proram suggests 1,200, but since finding this site and some amazing friends that gave me some education on consuming the right amount of calories to burn/lose, this has only made me achieve greater results!

I love this program....each time I start a new DVD I say it's my most favorite so far and then the next is even better. I've had my issues with some of the workouts/moves....

Cardio 1 - the dreaded running man that is like a fast pace ski with your ams and legs in constant motion. Yuck, yuck, yuck....cannot do them for a minute as Jillian pushes you to do, can't let alone do for 30 seconds! (weak bladder after child birth, sorry if this is TMI....I have heard this same thing from oher women too).

Workout 3 - plank ups.....WTH Jillian.....really in weeks 3 & 4! Let me build up some strength first. This scares me to see what type of planks are to come in the next round. I can only do a total of 2 plank ups, so then I just hold a plank for the remainder of the time. I was darn excited that I coud hold a plank for one complete minute after week 2. (Plank ups are starting in regular plank position and taking one arm at a time and going down on your elbows and then go back up on your hands).

Workout 4 - don't know what the move is called....maybe dead lift raises? In standing position with weights your arms are lifted straight up, then you take one leg back and go down on one knee and then take the other leg back until you're on both knees (arms are still straight up over head, stay that way) and then you go back up to standing position one leg at a time. I cannot do this with weights at all. I tried to build myself up, but just couldn't.

When I got into week 3 & 4 I started substituting TurboFire for the cardio (Fire 30 DVD). I actually burn more calories with TurboFire than with the Body Revolution cardio. I think he cardio 1 workout was just starting to bore me.

My body is always sore with this program and I am loving it. Below are my results for Phase 1 (I will do a pic comparison when I am done with Phase 2). I lost a total of 6.5 lbs. and 6.5" (for the measurements I recorded).

April 16 May 6

Weight 183 176.5 (-6.5 lbs)

Waist 38.5 37 (-1.5")

Hips 45.5 43 (-2.5)

Bust 42 41 (-1")

Arm 13.5 13 (-.5)

Thigh 25 24 (-1")

Calf 15 15 (no change)

Replies

• LadyGreatrick
    Options
    Way to go girl!

Yup. I had the same problem with running man. Horrible! I ended up wearing a sanitry towel (tmi I know) to push myself to the full minute!

I haven't gotten to DVD 3 yet (only just findished the boost start week) but I remember plank ups from one of her other DVD's. I use to cheat by going onto my knees (which in the other DVD she says is ok).

Great results though! For someone who is just staring out it's really cool to hear about all these success stories and love for the program! :)
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job! I always found it funny that she said suicides were "the hardest" part of cardio 1, I found the running man to be the worst by far! But every time I tried to do them all, and when I just couldn't (I have a torn ACL on one knee that just said "NO" after a bit) I would literally jog around my house. By the last time I did phase 1 cardio (last Wed) I FINALLY managed to do all 3 sets of the running man all the way through. It was fabulous to see the noticeable difference in my strength/ability! The way I figure it, showing up and doing our best, as she time and time again tries to kill us (I'm personally convinced that's her overall goal), is a huge accomplishment.

Again congrats on completing the first phase and on the fabulous results!