Challenge Week of May 7th!

LALOCHA34
LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
My challenge for you this week: Fitness Workout Thru Exercise & Playing
Do a workout that isn't a 'traditional' workout at least once this week, what the heck maybe twice this week: Minimum 30 minutes!

In other words: Be a kids and PLAY (preferably outside)
Go swimming for fun, dive for dive sticks. Race laps with a friend just because it's fun!
Go for a bike ride and ride OFF the trail. Up/Down hills.
Play catch with a friend or kick around a soccer/football.
Pick up a game of basketball, even if its with your kids. (If you are not a parent, call up some friends).
Dance in your living room with a hair brush like nobody is watching!

Play Hard! Break a sweat and have fun! Treadmills, Elliptical machines and Stationary bikes are great ways to get in our workouts but this week we will dig deep into our childhood and do something fun and challenging.

Don't forget to post what you did or are going to do. Pictures are welcome!

I hope you all have a great week! The above are simply some suggestions. Do what works for you!

~Laura aka LaloCha34

Let's get this message board going ALL, show your enthusiasm for our GROUP!

Replies

• raebels
    raebels Posts: 45 Member
    It isn't quite warm enough to swim here and I don't have access to an indoor pool. I will probably go semi-traditional and play games with my honey on the Kinect. Some of those games can be pretty silly and you get a good workout with them. =)
  • LALOCHA34
    Is it too cold for some Tennis? (minus the beer)
    I think I will do some Kinect Adventures one day. I will do this along with my cardio!!
  • raebels
    raebels Posts: 45 Member
    No, it's actually good weather for tennis. :happy: I will keep that in mind, but don't know if we will make it. I'm trying to do more activities that involve Aiden too since my workouts generally happen after work. I only get 3 hours with him after work so I want to spend as much time as possible with him. :bigsmile:
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 928 Member
    i'm very excited about this challenge...i'm going to kick some A** in soccer this week (granted i will be playing against a 5 year old but he's way better than me) OR me and laura can chase each other back and forth on the beach this weekend. fun stuff. :drinker:
  • TMusumeche
    TMusumeche Posts: 180 Member
    Perfect... I'm going camping this weekend. So there will be alot of outdoor adventures for me and my kids. :-) I will definitly have pictures. I just gotta figure out how to post them. :smile:
  • TMusumeche
    TMusumeche Posts: 180 Member
    So much for my weekend camping trip. It got rained out. :-(

Already rescheduled one in 2 weeks. :-)
  • LALOCHA34
    So much for my weekend camping trip. It got rained out. :-(

Already rescheduled one in 2 weeks. :-)

I know, our beach day got rained out, then I tried to play football with my kids and my son left the ball at a friend's house. I doubt we'll ever see it again.