Help me set my goals please

Options
rachmass1
rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
Hi all.

I am trying to really figurenout how much I should be eating as I don't trust Fitbit in my activity level or know what my BMR really is (I bought amfitbit in part to figure out my TDEE to make it easier to track).

Anyway if someone could help it would be awesome. FTR I left calorie low because I eat well over the recommended but may be too high?

I am 50 years old, 168 pounds, 5'2" trying to get to 130. My Fitbit says I am "very active" because I walk over 20,000 steps most days but I don't do any other exercise other than light lifting right now but I walk really slowly as most is at my treadmill desk. My diary is open.

Am I eating enough? Too much? I am really confused where I should be.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm on my phone so it isn't possible to run for you, but if you could go to the TDEE topic there is a link to Scooby calculator and based on your activty level (go with 3-5hr mod act) and select the 15% cal def, and choose macros 40/30/30, it will give you your BMR, TDEE, and cut val.

You will eat that cut val every single day. The only time you may need to eat more if your a high cal burn brings you under BMR.

Lucia
  • rachmass1
    Options
    Thanks Lucia
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lucia

Ok, great, I am assuming you are all good...please keep us posted!:happy:
  • rachmass1
    Options
    Nope, haven't tried to figure it out yet. I don't have a tape measure (weird, they are hard to find) so don't know a lot of things such as real body fat, etc. I am just trying to eat about 1600-1700 calories per day with my walking 3-5 hours a day and figure that is probably an okay place to start. I have my Fitbit telling me what my burn is, so hoping that is my TDEE and going to go with that for now.