exercise

Options
Hi Tina,
I'm astrodemi - 64 years old and struggling with exercise too - asthma, COPD, lung surgery last October (CA) - was recovering well from surgery, walking 15 minutes daily, exercising at cancer center on recumbent bike, aerodyne, elliptical - then had back problems. Now in treatment for that and may have to have surgery - very discouraging -

How are you doing??

PS I'm in south Louisiana

Replies

• MaryElemen
    MaryElemen Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, my name is Mary and I live in Northern California - Brentwood. I just turned 50 and I want to lose the weight and finally keep it off so I can get around without pain. I tore my Achilles tendon 2 years ago and had it surgically repaired 1 year ago and put on a shoe the first time in a year last weekend. I am learning to walk all over again and am excited to get back to yet. Just started swimming and walking in baby steps - can barely make it to the corner and am out of breath. I am looking forward to making friends and getting to know everyone.
  • MaryElemen
    MaryElemen Posts: 17
    Options
    Tina,
    I get your frustration when your body holds you back - hang in there and hopefully you will not have to have the surgery.