Going over with healthy fats

Options
TripleJ3
TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
I am trying the eat more idea again and I am hoping this time I see results in the right direction (Last time I gained 10 1/2lbs in a month and a half. This time using fat2fit I have a different goal). I am already a healthy eater so that has never been my problem. I have been over on my fats everyday. I eat nuts, nut butters, avocado, coconut oil etc so its all healthy fats but can this hurt my progress? I understand fat doesn't make you fat and I will always tell people not to be scared to eat fat so I am on team healthy fats!

So I am just wondering that even though calorie wise I am on it, will being over so much on fat even though it is healthy fats end up hurting my progress?

I will still continue to lower fats a bit but have any of you who have had success found that it really mattered?

Replies

• lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I end up going over, sometimes by alot, on my fats everyday. Its because the vegetarian sources of protein all come neatly bundled with healthy doses of fat, and I've been trying really hard to hit my protein levels. So far, it hasn't hurt me at all... it may be why my skin, nails and hair is all starting to look better. :happy:
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm usually either right at my 30% or a little over on my fats, too, for the most part. But, like you, it's all from healthy sources. According to some experts, they say that MUFA's are especially good to eat because it helps decrease belly fat. There's one particular diet out there (I think it's the Flat Belly Diet) and they recommend eating a MUFA with every single meal and snack.

I think as long as they're from healthy sources and you're not way over every single day, you're in a good spot!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I end up going over, sometimes by alot, on my fats everyday. Its because the vegetarian sources of protein all come neatly bundled with healthy doses of fat, and I've been trying really hard to hit my protein levels. So far, it hasn't hurt me at all... it may be why my skin, nails and hair is all starting to look better. :happy:

It's so funny you mention that! My hairdresser mentioned that my hair has been growing faster than it normally does! And I've noticed that I no longer have gobs of hair falling out when I wash it every morning! Must be all those healthy fats!!
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    Great, thanks!

I will still work on lowering it a bit for most days but not over think it either :wink:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    My fats are always over and I eat a lot of similar things - avocados, nuts, etc...I just don't worry about it and I've still been losing weight just fine.
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    Good to hear!