Netting my BMR (Not your normal question)

Options
lillebanon
lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
:tongue:
Okay, so my BMR is 1490, my TDEE is 2025, and I eat 2225 (additional 200 calories to account for the nursing my toddler still does once a day).
So, since I am still nursing, do I am to net 1490, or 1690 on my exercise days? I've been trying to hit 1690. Of course, it is generally not an issue unless I have a huge burn, which I have been avoiding lately.

Replies

• tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about an extra 200 calories for nursing a toddler. He eats lots of other food - not like an infant getting ALL of his nutrition from you..... your milk supply is minimal anyway if you are only nursing once a day. It's not going to go down significantly if you decrease your intake (potentially) by 200 calories.

Ali

p..s. (I'm a midwife AND I nursed 4 kids into toddlerhood)
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    they do say to eat at least your BMR so going over should be fine anyway
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Me persnally, I would NET the 1690. If your body is burning 200 to make the milk then you netting 1490 means you are only netting 1290 which is under BMR.

I rather err on side of caution and eat a little more than not enough.:flowerforyou:

Lucia
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It hasn't really been an issue since I cut way back on my cardio and started lifting instead. Yesterday I had a pretty good weight/cardio session and I still netted close to 1800 without going too much over my TDEE+milk cals.