Question about workouts and housework HRM burns

Options
Allic1971
Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
Hi all,

I am new to this group started on MFP in Feb and lost weight through not eating enough and going cardio crazy, I hit the wall slid down and saw the light LOL...

I have done a reset and had a week off from working out and knocked the insane cardio dvd's on the head...
Whilst I wasn;t doing cardio I did some research and I read, "Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle", "The Body Fat Solution" and "The New Rules of Lifting for Women".

So I now know what to do, lift 3 times a week, my BMR is 1511, TDEE is 2348 and TDEE -15% cut is 1996

So my question is I eat 1996 every day ?
or do I need more when I am only on week 3 of the workouts in the book?

And today I cleaned, did the washing, hung it out brought it in and folded and burned 576 calories in 2 hours I also did workout B (weight lifting) and burnt 171 calories...

So my calories eaten so fat are 1905 - exercise of 747 = 1158 NET so I know I need to reach my BMR of 1511 but do I need more calories because of everything I have done today? or should I just reach my BMR in Net calories and not worry??

Any advice gratefully given and thanks in advance :)

Alli

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    LADY YOU ROCK!!!! You so have it down...just love it!

Yes, you would eat enought to at least NET your BMR:flowerforyou:

Lucia
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    The main question to be asked is which activity level did you choose? If you didn't choose moderate then you need to because it sounds to me like you are at the very least moderatly active with house cleaning and working out 3 days a week.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls, for your replies, I did choose moderate...

My burns are mad... I wear a HRM with chest strap, and I can burn up to 1099 when cleaning the house, and when food shopping I can burn about 600 calories, by the time you have lifted it and brought it in from the car put it away LOL.

I am going to try to do these on none lift days then at least I am not trying to empty the fridge :tongue:

Thanks again
    Alli
    :drinker:

And finding this group, has made all the difference! so thank you Lucia! :flowerforyou: