No more Excuses...Time to dive in!

Options
bsinno
bsinno Posts: 358 Member
let me preface this by saying: EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!

i upped my cals JUST to my BMR 2 weeks ago, felt bloated but maintained weight and then GASP lost a pound +..eating more. Ok...! I am for the first time in nearly 2 years below 150...just in time for my 30th Birthday *JOY*

I leave for vacation next wednesday so it seems like a perfect time to step up and go for the full monty (who doesnt want to be "allowed" more calories on vacation AND no scale anywhere in sight!!)

if my calculations are correct:
TDEE 2028
BMR 1460
TDEE -20% cut = 1623

*i selected "light-moderate" activity. my job is sedentary as can be and although i currently work out 4-5 times per week it is usually only about a 200 cal burn per day (30ds). SO i understand that my "FOOD" should be on or around 1623 and my NET should never be below 1460. my macros are all set at 40/30/30

BUT....im still unsure about the "eating exercise cals" back. do i contiune to log exercise even though i accounted for it in my calculations? ive read all the sticky posts so many times my brain hurts LOL. I don't mean to pester you busy ladies but if you are cruisin' the boards anyway and could help me ensure im starting off right, it would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING SO FAR BTW!!!! i feel like a huuuuuuge pain in the *kitten*

xoxoB

F(15 days away from) 30 yrs old
CW149
5"5'

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    If you think you can handle it, go for just a 15% cut value...get more fuel in you then if you feel you NEED to then drop the 5%. Many are seeing good results with 15%...slow and steady wins the race!

Basically, at your numbers today, if you burn over 163 cals then you need to eat the excess...so you burn 263 then you eat an add'l 100.

Lucia
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Basically, at your numbers today, if you burn over 163 cals then you need to eat the excess...so you burn 263 then you eat an add'l 100.

hmm..ok. how does this work?
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Your cut val and bmr are pretty close, you never want to eat below bmr. When you burn over 163 cals, then you are under bmr...so anything burned over 163 you need to eat back the excess.