Had to a grab a fast lunch and was suprised by taco bell

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Well I was looking around for the "healthiest" fast option and found that the regular crunchy taco's are not all that bad:

1 Taco is:

170 calories
12g carbs
10g fat
25mg cholest
8g protien
290mg sodium

So i got 3....ya that sodium is killer....but still some of the lowest numbers I have seen, and this is over Togo's, Subway, Sweet Tomatoes ect (all places that tout there healthiness)

Im not saying I would do this everyday, but its nice to have a meal in a pinch and stay well inside your macros

Replies

• scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well I was looking around for the "healthiest" fast option and found that the regular crunchy taco's are not all that bad:

1 Taco is:

170 calories
    12g carbs
    10g fat
    25mg cholest
    8g protien
    290mg sodium

So i got 3....ya that sodium is killer....but still some of the lowest numbers I have seen, and this is over Togo's, Subway, Sweet Tomatoes ect (all places that tout there healthiness)

Im not saying I would do this everyday, but its nice to have a meal in a pinch and stay well inside your macros

i agree not all fast food is equal. I love del taco myself over taco bell tho. They have a chicken soft taco that's like 220 calories with high protein and i can eat 2-3 and be stuffed. I don't see any problem with eating at these places. The only issue is sodium but that's not really an issue for me.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Same here. If I need to grab a quick lunch and I don't want a salad, Taco Bell is my first choice. Their tacos are not bad for you, and even like a chicken or steak gordita is under 300 calories (which ain't a lot when you've got 2600 or so to eat in a day, haha).