All in the mind?

Options
thecazstewart
thecazstewart Posts: 131 Member
So far, I've managed to lose a pound a week since increasing my calories from 1200 to 1500 (my BMR is 1429), so all well and good.

But who else feels really "fat" some days? Almost bloated. I'm not sure whether I should lower the calories again...this "feeling" won't go - even before I've eaten.

When I first started, it made me feel slimmer and I kind of expected that feeling to last. Am I doing something wrong? I'm eating more or less up to my 1500 NET.

Help! I don't want to end up back at the beginning again - I've been on a stall for a year now having spent 800-1100 per day for four years, so I know that increasing calories is the only way to go, but I don't like the full/fat/bloated feeling :-( (it's not TOM either, by the way).

Thanks everyone x

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating more for?

I've noticed each time I increase my calories, I do feel bloated and full for a few days. And then my body adjusts and I feel fine.

But then I start getting hungrier again and I have to increase my calories once again....leading to that bloated feeling. In fact, I increased my calories from 1700 to 1800 calories last week and I'm still feeling full and bloated for the most part. But I'm sticking with it!!

It's natural to feel like you should be lowering your calories but definitely don't do that! Just try to drink some more water to help flush out some of the bloat!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've had the same goat bloat as I call it. It's getting better now, but man it was so uncomfortable of a feeling. Hang in there!